Allen Hinds Discussion :: View topic - AYA R-Comp
Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index

Allen Hinds Discussion
The Official Allen Hinds Discussion Forum

www.AllenHinds.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

AYA R-Comp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSmeeze007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: AYA R-Comp Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Hinds,

I was just wondering if you are still using the AYA R-comp. I noticed that it's not in the picture of your pedalboard from October. I'm currently living in Japan and I picked one up, and I have been very impressed with its transparency and the ability of the level to add a fatness to the tone similar to a signal boost. I think it's a bit more balanced and less noisy than the keeley compressor (even though that's a great compressor too).

Also, in a live situation, how beneficial is compression? I like the tone it's giving me, but I wonder if its worth the added background noise. What's your opinion?

Please enlighten me with your knowledge. And, I hope you come back to Japan soon. I'd like to drop in on one of your gigs/Q and A sessions.

Thanks,
Aaronn L. Smith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: