Allen Hinds Discussion :: View topic - equipment question, the "delay pedal" issue
Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index

Allen Hinds Discussion
The Official Allen Hinds Discussion Forum

www.AllenHinds.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

equipment question, the "delay pedal" issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wintomato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: equipment question, the "delay pedal" issue Reply with quote

what better place than here to get peoples thoughts on using delay. I use a rivera R100 duo twelve, and mostly my les paul std. I keep the setup simple, ernie ball volume, and a jim dunlop wah. Sometimes a tc chorus.
I have a boss DD6, nice enough, but when i include it in my setup, there is a noticeable difference in tone, i'm sure people know what i mean by almost a digitising of the sound, a crispyness. boss have done a great pedal , but it's never as nice as without. this is even with the pedal off of course, powered by a boss power supply.
Now, without spending 1,000's on a delay effect, any one get round this in anyway? I was thinking people must use some kind of AB setup, so that the delay can be taken out of the loop when not in use.

Only just recently discovered Allen Hinds playing, love it, similar touch to Mike Miller. Allen has a great sound... WITH delay.

thanks for looking, and hopefully responding.
cheers
Mike
London UK
yingyang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had very good luck with the Line6 Delay modeler. I mostly use the tape delay model, and it tends to retain some warmth. Plus, it is very affordable. I usually get a little crap fpr using Line6, but I have had this pedal for a long time and not had one problem, ever. Look at alot of the pro's rigs and you will see this same pedal. Easy to program and it has a really cool loop function, too.

http://www.line6.com/products/detail/31/
wintomato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your response. Line 6 do good pedals, i have heard good things about this one. i did have the old digitech analogue pedal.
i know that Robert keeley does a true bypass looper pedal.
was also on the lookout for an ernie ball ABY fader pedal, i'm sure i've seen one on ebay, so i can mix in the effect pedal loop, steve morse style.
well, this is what i have found out anyhow.
cheers
juicemaker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a whole lotta delays over the years. From Cheapo Ibanez Delay-pedals to Lexicons and T.C. electronics rackstuff. A Line6 DM4, Digitech, T-Rex, I really tried a lot. Lately I stick to the delays in the Lexicon MPX 550 (in the FX loop) for large-scale gigs or the T-Rex Replica on the pedalboard for small clubs and rehearsals (infront of an old Fender). The Replica really does a nice job in not coloring the sound to much and it sounds very vintage-like in a way.

Juicemaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: