Allen Hinds Discussion :: View topic - New Teaching DVDs
Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index

Allen Hinds Discussion
The Official Allen Hinds Discussion Forum

www.AllenHinds.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New Teaching DVDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfhalo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: New Teaching DVDs Reply with quote

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from allstarmusiclessons.com letting me know that they've just introduced two new Allen Hinds teaching DVDs. Go to the following website for more info:
http://allstarmusiclessons.com/guitarlessons/allenhinds.html
If the new videos are are good as the first, they should be great! I've been playing for many years and still learned much from Allen's teaching. Oh yeah............I ordered my copies of the new videos immediately!
yingyang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got both of them in the mail today. Just got through scanning through the Improv. Looks cool. I will give a better review when I get a chance to actually sit down with them. There are licks and examples on this one, by the way.
sfhalo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened up my mailbox and..........voila! Two brand new Allen Hinds DVDs. Guess I have viewing to do this evening! I'll post a review, as well, in the next few days.
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I'll get the whole 3 DVDs pack !
sfhalo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few days to view both of the new DVDs and I'll tell you.......they are fabulous! Allen has a wonderful way of describing his technique and the basis behind his style. I think most of us play in a box and it tends to limit our creativity.......due to the box limitation. Allen is excellent at detailing how to get out of that style and open up our mind and the guitar neck its complete potential. I'm currently reading a wonderful book about the last 11 years of Miles Davis life: The Last Miles by George Cole. I would have loved to have heard Allen play with Miles during those last years.........he, like Robben Ford, would have been a perfect guitarist for the band. Miles made sure his musicians had total freedom of expression without the limitations they placed on themselves. I'm sure Allen would understand this perfectly. BTW: I highly recommend the book. It completely details every piece of music that Miles recorded and/or played live from 1980-1991. Like this book, I can't recommend the two new DVDs more highly. I've been a huge Robben Ford fan for many years and think as much of Allen's playing. He is an absolute monster player with a very unique feel and style........particularly his right hand. As I've mentioned previously, I was a professional guitarist from 1969-1978 and stopped playing for the past 27 years. Since I've returned to playing this past year, mostly for my own enjoyment, I'm always looking for inspiration. Needless to say..........I found it in Allen Hinds. Mike Whittaker at allstarmusiclessons.com has really produced three wonderful DVD lessons by Allen and I'd suggest adding them to your music library. You will not be disappointed! Hopefully, I'll get to see Allen play in person one of these days and express my thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Allen Hinds Discussion Forum Index -> Allen Hinds Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: