Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bretts first dvd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swampthang

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Bretts first dvd Reply with quote

Hey - as this is out of production and impossible to find can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find it?

I take it Brett doesn't mind copied versions floating around as he himself sent me Exempt and Quid Pro Quo when I ordered Big Sky!!

So if anyone can send me a copy somehow that would be ace!!!
Big Kev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what you mean by "Bretts first dvd", as technically that's the current Rock Guitar Improvisation title. I suspect however that you're refering to the original Rock Fusion VHS tape, which was never made available on DVD.

Last I checked you could still get it around the place if you tried, but it is getting increasingly difficult to find. Searching eBay internationally might be worth a try. Just remember, anybody trying to sell you a DVD version is selling you a pirated dupe.

Quote:
I take it Brett doesn't mind copied versions floating around

That's a large and dangerous assumption, so I think waiting to hear Brett's take on it might be best - straight from the horse's mouth (sorry Brett, you're nothing like a horse, really!).

Kev

Last edited by Big Kev on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
swampthang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I must have been either drunk or mentally unbalanced when I wrote that post... especially as it probably shouldnt be in the tones and gear section.

You are quite correct, I do want to get my hands on the Rock Fusion vhs, and I'm not sure why I didn't check ebay - but I have just seen 1 copy and will try to get it that way.

I dont want to cause any trouble and of course wouldn't go against bretts wishes should he prefer that bootleg copies not be made. My only point there was he sent me copied disks of Quid Pro Quo and Exempt because they're almost impossible to find I thought he might be of the same inclination with the vhs...
bretto212

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with anyone duping the "Rock Fusion" video as it's out of print and I have it first hand from Warner/Chappell that they'll never re-release it. I did try to buy it from them but they said it was corporate policy to hang onto all assets regardless of whether they gather dust in a vault or not so I decided the most positive thing to do was the new dvd which is far superior to "Rock Fusion" anyway.
I don't even have a copy of it myself anymore. I sold the last one to someone that wanted it. Most of the clips are posted by a guy on You Tube so maybe check that out or as Kev suggested, try Ebay etc.
JJW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your songs sections are posted on youtube Brett,non of the lessons are!

doesnt bother me as i bought the vid and also transfered it to dvd so i didnt degrade the original copy
stratcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JJ how did you transfer the vid to dvd.I,ve got a copy myself and would like to keep it in good nick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: