Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bilbo--baggins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Internet lessons Reply with quote

Brett,

Have you ever given lessons over the internet? A few people have started doing this, and apparently you can get high quality video using Apple's iChat and iSight camera (do you have a Mac?). I've seen that you teach guitar lessons, but unfortunately we're on opposite sides of the world! If you could give lessons over the internet it would be great.
bretto212

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went to the Mac store to buy an iSight camera the other day and they didn't have any but I'll get one in a couple of days. It's definitely a consideration and I'm open to it. I'll test it out with a few friends and see if it'll work. Keep you posted!
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a webcam lesson with Greg Howe the other day and it was very cool. You don't even have to be in the same country anymore!

Brett let me know if you want to try it out, I'm up for a chat!

Chris
bilbo--baggins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a report on macrumors.com last week saying that there were problems with iSight availability and that their online store have pushed back the expected availability date. They speculated that there might be a new version on the way. I have a built in iSight in my new MacBook but I haven't tried it as I don't know anyone else with one.
Big Kev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously this is veering off-topic here, but the counter rumour to the "new iSight coming" one is that Apple are ditching it altogether as a separate item, since their entire portable line now features them built-in. I think it's more likely that they'll just start building them in to their Cinema Displays now too.

Kev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: