Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEGATO TECHNIQUE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovemusic

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gday guys, i thought id put my 2 cents worth in on this legato subject. i play using economy picking mostly and rarely use hammers or pull offs, yet i consider my playing extremely legato, thats why i pursued the technique in the first place after seeing the gambale video, and if you listen to bretts legato im sure youll agree it sounds different to satriani for instance. whatever comes naturally to you will probably always work best. see ya round guys Cool
fanio

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: legato Reply with quote

ehi guys,do you hear all the notes when you play unplugged?I mean,do the hammered notes ring as loud as the picked ones,or are they quieter?how about playing whith clean sound?
JJW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure i can speak for everyone else here mate-even unplugged i sound the same.Its all about getting those fingers strong enough,that comes by playing a lot:)I play now about 2 to 3 hours daily(take a guitar into work..lol..and take time out in the afternoon;)
you will get there
fanio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJW wrote:
I am sure i can speak for everyone else here mate-even unplugged i sound the same.Its all about getting those fingers strong enough,that comes by playing a lot:)I play now about 2 to 3 hours daily(take a guitar into work..lol..and take time out in the afternoon;)
you will get there

EHi JJJW I agree with you.I am the same even unplugged,but with my electric guitar.What about acoustic?,and what about the volume of the notes?.I'm really wooried about this,I can't stress it enough!Ijust notice that I need specific set up for this technique and for me it's a limitation:But I'm talking for me,what about you guys(and girls)?
ilovemusic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the sound of legato (hammers and pull-offs) when it's a medium pace, it's also a good way to get your timing up to scratch for when you speed it up...

if you wanna play sixteenth notes, make sure they're sixteenth notes both sped up, and slowed down, same for triplets etc...it will also sound faster when sped up, trust me, i sometimes play legato as fast as i can, and it sounds gay...but when i slow it down to a nice medium pace, it comes alive and is way more musical...i recall listening to an audio clip of brett playing the solo of Loch Lannoch on ibreathemusic.com, and that's a perfect example of what i'm talkin about...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: