Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Finland!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sepeter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Finland! Reply with quote

Hey Brett and Everybody else!

My name is Peter Seppäkoski and I'm from Finland. Have been playing guitar for about 20 years. For the last five years I've been studying in the Helsinki Polytechnic and this fall I'm graduating as a Pop/Jazz Music Pedagogue. I'm doing mainly teaching at the moment, having 20 guitar students weekly.

I'm a rock musician by heart, though I like to listen to all kinds of music and keep the door open for influences and sources of inspiration. There are many guitar players that have influenced me over the years, but it wasn't until during the last three years that I found my way of playing, thanks to Brett Garsed. I posted a message with a little story on this under the topic "Your first experience of Brett".

I actually did a two and a half year study on hybrid picking technique and as a result it formed into the way I play today. My thesis for Helsinki Polytechnic came from that study too and it's called "Hybrid Technique: The usage of pick and fingers as a way of playing the electric guitar". There is also a section in it that has short interviews with collaques and mentors and Brett was one of the guitarists I interviewed.

By the way, Brett, if you're reading this, did you get the e mails from me and Pekka? There's some interesting topics and I was just wondering if you have the same e mail address as before?

As far as gear goes, I generally like the guitar to an amp approach. That way I can have a better say on what's coming out of the speakers and get more personal sound. When using pedals or effects in general, I try to opt for ones that have transparent qualities to them so that they leave the basic character of the guitars/players sound intact.

My gear at the moment:

Guitars:
- Warmoth Tele
- Strat (originally Fender) w/Warmoth neck
- Yamaha Pacifica 904
- Ibanez steel string acoustic

Amps:
- Marshall combo at home
- Laney VH100R head and Marshall JCM 800 2 X 12 cab (w/Hughes & Kettner speakers) for gigs

Things on the pedalboard:
- Boss tuner
- Dunlop Wah
- Ibanez TS 9 (modified by Mike Piera a.k.a. Analogman)
- Hot Cake (overdrive/distortion pedal made by Paul Crowther in New Zealand)
- Boss OD 1
- Boss DD 3
- Ernie Ball volume pedal
- Tech 21 Midi Mouse
- Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 to power them all

On the rack:
- Rocktron Intellifex (for occasional use of chorus and flanger mainly)

I think it's really great for guitar players to have a forum like this to share toughts and connect . And for Brett, the man truly deserves the widest recognition. He is one of the few true improvisers in the world and has a lot to give. Not just to guitar players, but music community in general.

All right, later then you all!

Cheers,
Peter
Big Kev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Peter! (What, another bloody Scandinavian? Are you guys aiming for world domination?)

Kev
JJW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you here,look forward to hearing you play Smile
Sepeter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Welcome aboard Peter! (What, another bloody Scandinavian? Are you guys aiming for world domination?)

Kev

Thanks Big Kev! Great to be a member on this forum. Yeah, world domination is the plan Laughing I quess we just have to settle for something a little less pretentious though.

Quote:
nice to see you here,look forward to hearing you play Smile

Thanks JJW! I don't have a website up just yet. I'm working on it and I'll let you know when I have some mp3's available.

Peter
Myke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate and welcome....

M
Sepeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Myke and thanks, great to be here!

Peter
Mick520

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Let me know if you're interested in the Brett Garsed Clinic DVD I have put together.

It'd be great to get a copy into europe!

Read about it here:

http://online-discussion.dhenderson.com/BrettGarsed/viewtopic.php?t=105
Sepeter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mick!

I'd love to have the clinic DVD! Does it have approval from Brett? I mean, I don't wanna appear as difficult or ignorant you know, but I'm new to the forum and just want to make sure Embarassed I have the Rock Fusion VHS and Rock Improvisation DVD and I think both are in class of their own among instructional videos/DVD's.

Brett actually visited Finland in 2002 giving clinics, private lessons and playing live. I attended those all, being a student in the Helsinki Polytechnic Brett was visiting. I've been spreading the word ever since, every time there's a chance. It would be great to have fresh material from a Brett Garsed clinic to show to my 20+ guitar students! Not to mention to decision-making people in other excellent music schools in Finland also...

So should I PM my address to you then? Another question: I understand this is a nonprofit thing, but what about postal fees and the cost of blank DVD?

Take care,
Peter
Mick520

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry abot the postage or disc cost.

What we're trying to do is if you see somebody else on the forum interested in the DVD that is in your part of the world ,that (if you can) you copy and send it on to them.

That way the postage cost evens itself out!

PM me you address and I'll send it off to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: