Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diminished Scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Diminished Scales Reply with quote

Hey Brett,

Do you use the diminished scales very much?? Do you use the H/W or the W/H diminished scales?

I know you use diminshed chord concepts but I was wondering about the scale?

Maybe you could cover this in one of your Australian Guitar Mag lessons?

thanks mate

Chris
Big Kev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

Brett actually covered diminished licks in his Australian Guitar column in issue 50. It's actually the next one to go online, which I'm hoping to do soon.

You don't happen to have issues 51 and 53 do you? I'm missing those two, and won't be able to put those lessons online unless I can get hold of them (or scans of them).

Kev
bretto212

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article was more about diminished arpeggios but I use the 1/2-whole scale a lot, especially over dominant chords. I was trying to think of something to do for the next Australian Guitar article so thanks Chris!
I've got all the material here Kev so just let me know what articles you need for the site and I'll get them to you.
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the lessons! I count down the days for each issue to come out!

Let me know what you want Kev.

Can't wait to see the diminished scale lesson! Yay!

Laughing

Chris

PS Do you use it over minor chords too? I've been experimenting playing E Whole 1/2 over a Em7............it's interesting.
Bingefeller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Kev wrote:
Chris,

Brett actually covered diminished licks in his Australian Guitar column in issue 50. It's actually the next one to go online, which I'm hoping to do soon.

You don't happen to have issues 51 and 53 do you? I'm missing those two, and won't be able to put those lessons online unless I can get hold of them (or scans of them).

Kev

Hey Kev,

Would you have links to the Australian Guitar website? I can't find it through google.... Sad I would love to get a hold of some of these licks from Brett!
Big Kev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingefeller wrote:

Hey Kev,

Would you have links to the Australian Guitar website? I can't find it through google.... Sad I would love to get a hold of some of these licks from Brett!

Oh man, has it really been that long since I promised to get these lessons up! Embarassed I still intend to get them online, but life has intervened, as it usually does, but I may surprise you yet!

As for the magazine's website, I really don't think there is much - just a publisher's site which more or less just advertises its existence.

Kev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: