Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tab / lick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: tab / lick Reply with quote

Howdy y'all!

I'm wondering if anyone have the initial lick/arpeggios on the first song on the big sky album called undoing .. as a tab file ?

that first sequence gives me big kicks everytime I listen to it [along with all the other songs Brett plays] .... *grin*

I'm not good enough to try to transcribe it myself .

have a good one
and take care

//Kenneth
Big Kev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue 45 of Australian Guitar has a lengthy interview with Brett that includes transcriptions of the intro to "Undoing" (including the chords), as well as the verse chords. There also a very positive review of Big Sky in the Reviews section.

Some of you would already be aware that Brett now writes a monthly instructional column for Australian Guitar magazine, which is well worth a look if you're an Aussie. We do have plans (and permission) to provide back-instalments of these columns for download on the website, so look out for those soon. I'll post back here when it finally happens.

Kev
JJW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look foward to those gtr lessons Big Kev,good man

concerning undoing,there is tab on Bretts site-and my daughter can play that section up to speed!!!!Mind you when i teach her i normaly have a chop stick handy to wrap around her digits if she falls off the tight rope Laughing

But its a cool melodic pattern to play,whatever the speed
yingyang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find it on Simon Badham's site www.essentialguitarist.com. Look for the archive section and then look for Brett. It is in there! Actually, here is a link........

http://www.essentialguitarist.com/Features_old/brett%20garsed/feature_brett_garsed_Licks.html
Ken1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: tab Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the help finding that tab

Smile

//Ken1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: