Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Welcome to the Jimi Forum.......

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Welcome to the Jimi Forum.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> What's New and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Welcome to the Jimi Forum....... Reply with quote

Is it me or does Jimi's playing still sound fresh today? I burned out all my Hendrix LPs as a kid....

Are You Exp.....
Axis Bold
Electric Lady Land
Band of Gypsys
Cry of Love
War Heros

Anyway, I hope there are some folks out there like me who just can't forget that thing that Jimi did to us all....

Cause I'm standing next to a mountain.........I chop it down with the back of my hand!

Still love it... Jimi in E...the master!

Shocked
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest, the best, the most innovative...

Jimi was it all. Cool

He inspired me to start playing guitar, and I still discover new things about his music that inspires me and countless other musicians. He was amazing, not only as a guitarist, but as a musician who pushed the boundaries of what was possible to do with both guitarplaying and recording in the 60's. He was also a great singer, not technically gifted, but with a unique and soulful bluesy voice that perfectly suited the music he played.

His playing was so intense, so inspired, it's just amazing how moving it is, even today. Such a great sense of rhythm and taste, and a unique and unsurpassed phrasing. He played the blues, but he played it in a way that was new and exciting, while still containing tons of soul and passion.

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it to the other fans that will join the forum in the days that come.
radio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt that Jimi's music was like a deep well that you could dip into and find something new everytime. When I listen to him I almost always hear a new tone or phrase that I never heard before. He is one of the few artist who's music has that quality to it. I've never gotten tired of listening to him even after 25 years.
Captain Coconut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radio wrote:
I've always felt that Jimi's music was like a deep well that you could dip into and find something new everytime. When I listen to him I almost always hear a new tone or phrase that I never heard before. He is one of the few artist who's music has that quality to it. I've never gotten tired of listening to him even after 25 years.

I agree 250% . And for me his late period with Cox , Miles & Mitchell, when he talks about earth music , is one of my favourites. all these sixtenth note patterns functionning in so many ways according your mood.

May be it is the acid side showing up .... Rolling Eyes
tikigod1989

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Jimi Forum....... Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Is it me or does Jimi's playing still sound fresh today? I burned out all my Hendrix LPs as a kid....

Are You Exp.....
Axis Bold
Electric Lady Land
Band of Gypsys
Cry of Love
War Heros

Anyway, I hope there are some folks out there like me who just can't forget that thing that Jimi did to us all....

Cause I'm standing next to a mountain.........I chop it down with the back of my hand!

Still love it... Jimi in E...the master!

Shocked

thankfully i got into hendrix during the cd age cause my lps would caught on fire due to listening to them too much
EyesandImagination

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets fresher with every listen. It doesn't matter if it's in a fancy FLAC format or a scratchy old Track Records LP. It moves you. And as my girlfriend says when she hears Jimi play, "He's moving molecular structures with his playing." Maaaaaan. Jimi can do that, whatever format he's sounding out of. Wink
3rd Cock from the Sun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's alright i spose ........for a black dude

seems he died at just the right time so as to not get stale.......plus far superior guitarists like lyndsey buckingham and dudes like the edge were just on the horizon.........
i_like_my_strat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimi's playing moves me more than anything else on this world. Ive listened to One Rainy Wish everyday for the last 6 months and it still takes me to a place that nothing else can. He had the power of God at the tips of his fingers, and it came out through notes on the guitar.

If the son of God ever existed, he came to earth in the form of jimi Hendrix.
WhoopieCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not that Jesus fella....
i_like_my_strat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry 3rd Cock, did I read that right-the edge??? You think he's better than Hendrix, well there's not accounting for taste.

But agree Lindsey Buckingham is very underated. Brian Setzer is another quite underated but very good guitarist, and Angus Young from AC/DC, but all very different!

I always thought Jeff Beck was the player closest to Hendrix. Followed closely by Clapton-But Jimi is still streaks ahead of the lot them in my humble opinon.

And don't even speak to me about Steve Vai and Yngwie Malstreem( sorry can't spell) as personaly cannot stand them even though technicaly they cannot be faulted-couldnt play 12 bar to save their lives! Sorry if causing offence!
i_like_my_strat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the only artists on Hendrix's level are Jazz players such as Charlie Parker, John Coltrane and Miles Davis.
Captain Coconut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
... I always thought Jeff Beck was the player closest to Hendrix. ... And don't even speak to me about Steve Vai and Yngwie Malstreem( sorry can't spell) ...!

That is for me too . the power of moving molecular structurs....................
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Jimi is my favourite Reply with quote

Yes many have others ahead of jimi,but thats because where all different,but jimi hendrix is my number one guitar master for ever and will always be. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> What's New and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: