Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Jo Jo Laine

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Jo Jo Laine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Jo Jo Laine Reply with quote

From Jo Jo Laine's myspace.com page..

http://www.myspace.com/jojolaine

Quote:
Jo Jo Laine Fan Club News Hello Everyone, I recorded a segment on Jimi Hendrix and Keith Moon for British satellite TV. It will be airing soon - we'll let you know. I'm also playing a part in Joe Vig's movie, THE SALT WATER SUMMERS, whenever the heck he finishes his book of short stories. We start filming this summer actually. Also, my album THE BEST OF JO JO LAINE with tons of BEATLES covers will be out in the fall, 2006. We hope it will sell more copies than BAND ON THE RUN. Lots more news from England as I'm performing with my kids, Laine and Heidi. Check them out on MYSPACE.COM! Also go to my webpage www.JoJoLaine.com

Who I'd like to meet:
What a ridiculous question - who would I like to meet? I've met everyone of any significance, dahlings! Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Joe Perry & Steve Tyler, Brad Delp of the bands BeatleJuice and Boston, Humble Pie, my dear sweet Randy Rhoades of the Ozzy Osbourne Band. We were engaged to be married when the world lost Randy, my wonderful record producer Jimmy Miller who produced all those Rolling Stones classics (do you think they wrote Bitch for me?), Ronnie Wood, Sting and Andy Summers who performed on my 45 RPM on Pye "The Hulk", Wings/Elton John drummer Steve Holley - who we have to hurry up and get on MYSPACE, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie - another drummer extraordinaire, Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood, Ian McLagan, Peter Noone, Thin Lizzy, attorney Allen Arrow of Shukat, Arrow, Hafer, Weber, attorney Bruce Colfin of Jacobson & Colfin a.k.a. "The Firm", which was the name of my band on Mercury Records until my good pal Jimmy Page decided to use it for HIS band on Atlantic, to Robert Plant a big kiss - of course, good thoughts out to my wonderful friend Mick Taylor perhaps the most underrated genius guitarist on the planet, so many lovely friends all around the world.
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence meant -but are you a fan in particular? Or is it that she's on some programme about Hendrix..

I thought she was just a groupie and ex wife of Denny Laine. ??

I mean Pamela De Barres has a website probably just a good. For ppl into all things groupie....
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
No offence meant -but are you a fan in particular? Or is it that she's on some programme about Hendrix..

I thought she was just a groupie and ex wife of Denny Laine. ??

I mean Pamela De Barres has a website probably just a good. For ppl into all things groupie....

No offence taken, I recieved this is as a myspace.com bulletin. To be honest, I've never heard of Jo Jo. I am of course familiar with Denny Laine of Wings but I didn't put two and two together.

Anyway, to answer your question - yes, I thought the post was of some interest because of Jimi, I'm like a sponge when it comes to Jimi info. Although, I won't be able to see the clip anyway because it's on British satellite TV, so believe it or not, I posted it hoping you'd find it of some interest. Obviously, I was off the mark.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, to answer your question - yes, I thought the post was of some interest because of Jimi, I'm like a sponge when it comes to Jimi info. Although, I won't be able to see the clip anyway because it's on British satellite TV, so believe it or not, I posted it hoping you'd find it of some interest. Obviously, I was off the mark.[/quote]

No, no-not off the mark at all- I did say was it because of the Hendrix programme. However to explain-Jo Laine isn't very well known and has been off the radar so to speak for years and years. So I would imagine you'd have to be especialy interested in Paul McCartney Wings era to really know of her. Her name only stuck in my mind as she became a "wifelet" of the eccentric Marquis of Bath for a while which struck me as a bizarre.

She and Denny Laine have incidently surfaced from nowhere in the papers relatively recently for some reason. Basicaly moaning about each other-(he hasn't had any contact with their kids for years-he's put her of men for life. She's put him off women etc... etc. ) Although her children are probably pally with Paul McCartneys children since they all toured together-apart from that I am a bit dubious that she seen many of the friends she has posted on her website in recent years. Particularly since she and Denny have been divorced for nearly 20 years- and for some reason he has chosen not to keep in contact with their kids.

She seems like a nice person who's had a hard time of it- but I can't help picking up as she got a book out presently it's a good time to publisize it with all the media furore over the break down of Macca's second marriage.

But the programme maybe interesting I'll look out for it.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if her age is right on her website and she isn't pretending to be younger than she is-she can't have been any older than 16 when she met Hendrix.

?
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
No, no-not off the mark at all- I did say was it because of the Hendrix programme. However to explain-Jo Laine isn't very well known and has been off the radar so to speak for years and years. So I would imagine you'd have to be especialy interested in Paul McCartney Wings era to really know of her. Her name only stuck in my mind as she became a "wifelet" of the eccentric Marquis of Bath for a while which struck me as a bizarre.

She and Denny Laine have incidently surfaced from nowhere in the papers relatively recently for some reason. Basicaly moaning about each other-(he hasn't had any contact with their kids for years-he's put her of men for life. She's put him off women etc... etc. ) Although her children are probably pally with Paul McCartneys children since they all toured together-apart from that I am a bit dubious that she seen many of the friends she has posted on her website in recent years. Particularly since she and Denny have been divorced for nearly 20 years- and for some reason he has chosen not to keep in contact with their kids.

She seems like a nice person who's had a hard time of it- but I can't help picking up as she got a book out presently it's a good time to publisize it with all the media furore over the break down of Macca's second marriage.

But the programme maybe interesting I'll look out for it.

Thanks for the info on Jo! Wink

Last edited by blahblahwoofwoof on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got to see the programme on Sky but have solved the mystery about Jo Jo Laine. Sadly I heard in the papers this morning that she died yesterday-she was 53. Although she had been dogged with health problems in recent years- she actualy died in an accident. She was visiting the new owners of her old home that she had she shared with her former husband Denny Laine-when she fell down the stairs hit her head and went into a coma and subsquently died.

She did meet Hendrix when she was 16 backstage at Woodstock 1969 where the obvious happened- lucky for her! Although it was just a one off.

Apart from husband Denny who she had 3 children with-she went out with a number of rock stars-and was engaged to Randy Rhodes before he died.

RIP Jo Jo.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's tragic. Strange how I just found out about her this year, and then she passes. RIP

I guess it's entirely possible that she got together with Jimi backstage at Woodstock, but from what I've read, Jimi was not feeling well.

Quote:
"Hendrix was in a farm shack," reports Leslie Aday, an aide to Bob Dylan's manager, "but he was the only artist who didn't have to crowd into the tents backstage... I could see that Hendrix was ill, dosed, I'm afraid, by drinking the water backstage. He seemed really sick, or really high and was sweating bullets. I was feeding him vitamin C, fruit, and having him suck on lemon slices. As we sat there, he seemed nervous and didn't think he could pull it off."

At one point Jimi took a trip to the medical tent. "We didn't know who he was," remembers middle-aged Nurse Sanderson. "Just a black man laying on the stretcher. Then everybody started saying, "Hey, isn't that Jimi Hendrix?' There was a big stir about it. He lay there on the stretcher for about 30 minutes before roadies hauled him out."

Whatever the case may be, I'd like to read her book that she was plugging on her My Space page.
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel a sorry for being so cynical about her now.
I think she was fighting liver cancer anyway-so maybe at the end of the day the accident saved her from a lot of suffering.

I am not surprised Jimi was ill at Woodstock as I think they famously spiked the water with owsley acid- he was bit high during the live performance but no matter and I think he looked great. But maybe it was all the good food he was getting in that house he was staying at. Having being to festivals myself-i am amazed jimi beautful costume didnt get mud all over it-I dont how they managed that.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
But maybe it was all the good food he was getting in that house he was staying at. Having being to festivals myself-i am amazed jimi beautful costume didnt get mud all over it-I dont how they managed that.

Yeah, maybe he ate too many chocolate chip cookies at the Shokan house. Laughing

I've often wondered the same thing about that white jacket with the fringe and those blue velvet pants. Who knows? Maybe he changed into that outfit after he got there. I know that many of the other performers got mud on their clothes. I have the Dick Cavett DVD box set which features a post-Woodstock show. Anyway, Stephen Stills shows off his Woodstock mud to the audience.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well-probably more like chocolate chip space cookies in those days Very Happy -
no as I understand Mike Jefferies employed a cook for Jimi and friends at the Shokan house. Apparently Hendrix particualry loved the food there-I thought it may account for his particularly fresh faced appearance at Woodstock gig.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The costume was made by friends of Jimi's Stella Douglas/Benabou and Collette Mimram. If you notice it also had some kind of purple or blue cape which he took off before he came onstage. Whoever looked after it certainly did a great job keeping all that crushed velvet away from all that mud whatever they did...they must have had to have pinned it too the ceiling of the dressing room!
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
no as I understand Mike Jefferies employed a cook for Jimi and friends at the Shokan house. Apparently Hendrix particualry loved the food there-I thought it may account for his particularly fresh faced appearance at Woodstock gig.

Yeah, I know about her. I don't remember which book it is off hand, but if I'm not mistaken, she was the one who made those "groovy" chocolate chip cookies for Jimi.
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's mentioned in the Henderson book-and sharon lawrence's book briefly. I can't remember what she made for him! I thought it was his favourite soul food.? anyway hardly a matter of great importance..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: