Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Leon's appeal rejected.. Janie's new line

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Leon's appeal rejected.. Janie's new line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Leon's appeal rejected.. Janie's new line Reply with quote

Quote:
Jimi Hendrix's brother, Leon, has failed in a legal bid to contest the will of their father, the sole heir to the multi-million-dollar estate of the rock icon.

Al Hendrix, who died four years ago, directed that almost half of his estate go to his adopted daughter, Janie, who oversees Jimi's musical legacy.

The balance is split among numerous family members.

Leon's original lawsuit, alleging that Janie had unduly influenced Al to disinherit him, was denied by a Seattle judge in 2004.

On Monday, a three-judge appellate court unanimously upheld his findings, according to a statement issued by a spokesman for Janie Hendrix.

The Washington Court of Appeals also rejected Leon's separate lawsuit alleging that Janie had "tortious interference with (his) inheritance expectancy," it said.

In the statement, Janie Hendrix said she looked forward to maintaining and protecting Jimi's legacy, in accordance with their father's wishes.

The family business, Experience Hendrix LLC, gained control of Jimi Hendrix's music, name and likeness in 1995, but continues to wage legal battles against what it claims are unauthorised vendors of his music.

Leon Hendrix, a musician who suffered from drug addiction and other problems for years, has said the only item he got after his father died was a gold record.

Janie Hendrix's spokesman confirmed this was the case.

In a statement last year commenting on the original court decision, Janie Hendrix said her father was "extremely generous" to Leon and his family throughout his lifetime, and established a trust fund for Leon's six children.

An attorney for Leon was not immediately available for comment.

Jimi Hendrix, widely considered to be the most innovative guitarist of the rock era thanks to songs like Purple Haze and Voodoo Child (Slight Return), died of an accidental overdose in 1970, aged 27.

- Reuters

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200607/s1696922.htm

Quote:
Jimi Hendrix Fashion Line to Debut Later this Year

July 23, 2006 3:00 p.m. EST

Nicole King - All Headline News Staff Writer
(AHN) - Jimi Hendrix will continue to live on, if not in music, then in fashion. The rock guitarist's name will adorn a new fashion line set to come out in the fall.

The Jimi Hendrix Collection is billed as a high-end collection of leather jackets and handbags. It will feature five jackets, 12 designer handbags, and 16 junior market handbags. Each item will feature one of three rare images of Hendrix and will be sold at specialty and department stores.

The line premiered earlier this month at a show in New York. It's co-designed by Hendrix's sister, Janie Hendrix, who serves as the president/CEO of Experience Hendrix. She says fans have been asking for a fashion line for years.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004304947
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the articles blahblahwoofwoof,is the first one recent,leon as real blood should get something of the estate realy,they have quiet a bit of money to share i would think,just his kids is not enough.
And the fashion line?,man thats the stuff i dont think the estate should realy do,seems tacky sort of,have to see what they look like later maybe too aswell. Rolling Eyes Laughing
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Christopher X wrote:
Thanks for the articles blahblahwoofwoof,is the first one recent,leon as real blood should get something of the estate realy,they have quiet a bit of money to share i would think,just his kids is not enough.
And the fashion line?,man thats the stuff i dont think the estate should realy do,seems tacky sort of,have to see what they look like later maybe too aswell. Rolling Eyes Laughing

No problem Christopher! Yeah, the first article is recent. I don't know how I feel about the Leon situation. Both EH and Leon's camp have completely different stories about why Leon was left out of the will; I don't know who's telling the truth. Either way, it would've been a nice gesture for Janie to give Leon some kind of inheritance other than a gold record, however small.

BTW, Leon was recently on Howard Stern's radio show and the audio is up on Leon's my space page.

www.myspace.com/leonhendrixband

I think the fashion line thing is tacky too, but who am I to complain, I'm usually wearing Jimi t-shirts every other day. Smile
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychedelicblues wrote:
Is the estate still selling hendrix golf balls and rocking chairs Question Laughing

Don't forget the Jimi Hendrix non-alcoholic red table wine. I still can't fathom how that idea came about. Hmm, wonder when John Bonham's estate is going to come out with Bonham vodka? Rolling Eyes
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am vegetarian-so I avoid buying leather goods as much as I can. So I guess even if I wanted a jimi hendrix hand bag I wouldnt get one anyway! Maybe janie should do a vegan line....only joking...

Crass marketing techniques not really Led Zep style considering they never released singles and wouldnt even give a title to one of their albums.. plus Robert, Jimmy and JPJ, are still very much around managing the legacy re Zep. Also it would be totaly upsetting to Bonhams family even if they werent I cant see it myself. Jimmy Page did a line of Les Pauls-that the sort thing they might do on the marketing side...
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on Musicians Friend. I don't know if this shirt is part of Janie's new line, but it's pretty damn cool.

$64.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jimi-Hendrix-Cross-Town-Traffic-Lyric-Woven-Shirt?sku=411296
Robert W

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry that Leon's appeal was rejected. It broke my heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: