Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Driving South from the BBC.

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Driving South from the BBC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonovox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Driving South from the BBC. Reply with quote

On the BBC recordings there are 3 versions. I think the first of them is the one that doesn't sound very good. The other 2 are simply awesome. I can't think of a better instrumental that was ever done. Only Third Stone From The Sun was near equal. Anyone else like these versions from the BBC CD. Also Catfish Blues from this collection is a standout track.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Great song Reply with quote

Yes i herd the song first years ago,the 80's i think when i herd it first on the radio one cd,its one of my favourite hendrix songs and instrumentals.
Dose anyone know if he did it in concert at any stage,i forget but think he did in the early days. Question
hello people

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam Back at the House is a great instrumental...so's Villanova Junction....but yeah, Driving South is supurb too
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Good ones too Reply with quote

Yes those are good ones too for the jam back at the house one,i like it as the album version of begining on the war heroes album,and pali gap i like too or the vilanova junction name its given at woodstock. Cool
bonovox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep he did Driving South live. There is a version on the Paris 68 recording along with a version of Catfish Blues live as well.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Now i remember Reply with quote

Thanks,yes i forgot that one,and i have it on tape too,just forgot about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: