Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - New Jimi Hendrix Book

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

New Jimi Hendrix Book
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert W

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: New Jimi Hendrix Book Reply with quote

I just found that the new Jimi Hendrix book will be out in 2007. Janie Hendrix and John McDermott are the authors. I will not be buying it. I just wanted to let all of the fans of Jimi Hendrix know that. Thanks.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: No money Reply with quote

Well i wish i had some hendrix books but actualy have none,just a few magazines,my brother had a few books and seen many in shops,library etc...I just dont have the money to buy any though i want a few still,like herd talk of this book too,will keep and eye out for it and look at it in the shops when it comes.
Robert W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the last two books on Jimi Hendrix that came out two years ago. One of them written by Sharon Lawrence and the other written by Charles Cross.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: How old? Reply with quote

I herd of the lawrence ladys book recently but not seen the cover,but the other book is called what and how old are these both then. Question

Last edited by Christopher X on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both came out in 2005.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for that info Robert W.
Georgina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that'l be interesting Janie propaganda.

I guess it will be full of just how much she really knew jimi the couple of time she briefly met him when she was about out 6. hmm a close brother and sister bond there. I wonder how many kids of Al's other girlfriends jimi met huh?

and a large chapter desparaging leon's paternity. and the loving and close relationship jimi had with Al-which we all know as bollocks.

yes I think I know whats going to be in it.

I wonder wether 1) she knows exactly what she's doing to keep her grubbies on the money.

2) or she is genuinely deluded and perhaps has come to genuinely believe her own publicity..

it will be interesting to see the spectacle and laugh.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Questions? Reply with quote

I thought jimi and his dad got on alright,like they did not see each other to much realy over the later years.Like after the army he was touring all over and did not see his dad i think till he played a concert there in 68,or maybe it was during the 67 u.s tour?.

Like he rang most likely a lot over the years or not?,but the music and concerts kept him from going home to much i suppose.Like Georgina what where some of the things then,like they had a lot of fights,think i remember reading of some,but not to many,just no time to read a godd bio on him these days.
And how many times then did jimi go home and see his dad from 67-70 at all?,only when he played there which i dont know how many times that is.Also do you know when jimi last spoke to his dad and was it on good grounds i wonder then. Question
Georgina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you know? If you read Cathy Etchinghams book and the Charles Cross book or many others even you will see he didnt have a good relationship with his father. His Dad sounded very strict-bordering on the abusive at times. I think Hendrix avoided going home when he was an adult. When Hendrix made it in England his Dad didnt believe him- and accused him of stealing the money to get there and instead of being pleased to hear from his son got angry with him for reversing the charges.
Jimi's girlfriend Cathy Etchingham who was with him was quite shocked by this. He had to put her on the phone to verfiy his story. Then he didnt particularly want to speak to Jimi he just said Jimi should write to him.

I dont know sounds wierd. I find Al very difficult to work out.

Last edited by Georgina on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he went back and visited his family briefly when he played in Seattle. But in the US his own residence was in New York.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Georgina for the info,i did not realy know this as i have not realy read a bio book on hendrix im shure,no time and not big reader these days on books.
I must try one or two bio's on hendrix and try reading them right through,just may take a long time.
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe I am being too cynical about Janie maybe its not a biog. The book she did about the storys behind the songs was quite good..so you never know.
hello people

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna buy it...I'm just gonna listen to his music!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert W

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to buy it, either. The name of the book is called Jimi Hendrix: An Illustrated History. I'll browse through it. I am not going to give her no money for it. She disrespected me. I'm a true Hendrix fan since 1982.

Sad Sad Sad

She doesn't get my respect. Peace.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ive seen it in the shops already-I think its called Jimi Hendrix an interactive experience or something.. it looks alright. There's a CD and a load of copies of memorabilla photo's, drawing song lyrics etc.
Not sure whats on the CD.

You cant browse it its wrapped up. Its not what I thought although not sure what she says in it..

It is on amazon half price from what its been sold as in the shops.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0743294890/ref=s9_asin_title_1-1966_g1/203-1906608-2862318?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=18T3MT1DY27MD2VEH6TW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=139046091&pf_rd_i=468294
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: