Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Why is the Jimi Hendrix discussion forum dead?

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Why is the Jimi Hendrix discussion forum dead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert W

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Why is the Jimi Hendrix discussion forum dead? Reply with quote

I would like to know why is the discussion forum for Jimi Hendrix is dead. It seems that nobody hardly comes on here like they used to. Please tell me. Thank you very much. Sad Sad Sad
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Lots of other things to do/older spam attacks Reply with quote

Well there are many i think,one the spam we had here for awhile sent many away for one,.There are not stacks of members here,lots of other forums most likely on the net too?,the SRV group here is the same too lately.(yahoo ones i remember where slow on talk too,and even myspace too at times).

Search the net for others you may find that are more busy,im not realy good at starting things here to much to keep things interesting,and not on the pc all the time,i just mod here realy and keep an eye on things mostly.

I know there is lots to talk abouthendrix,but then much of it has been said too before im shure.When there is new music,there can be talk,and also people just do other things too,listen to hendrix,watch videos/dvds of him,same as other music, people go and see live music,movies, have jobs friends etc...........
Captain Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: WHY????? Reply with quote

Well i have my 2cents about that .Mainly it's just a lack of Love & Respect
and people surfing the net they just know how to get in a better place to spend time and sharing about . Kirk 95 started his own Ford Discuss board around 2002 with a bunch of hardcore fans he grabbed from ArtistDirect site. Then he started with another guitarists he loves , then i think he started a business and here we are , lots of advertisements, a plethoria of choices and an evident lack of "life". This being said , what am i doing there ? Well after a few monthes of not being really glad at all 'coz the RobbenFord Board was definitively closed i choose to log in in Kirk's story.
Then my main Man being Jimi Hendrix since my 15's i choosed to log in this one too , more to check out the mess than any reason that's why i'm so sporadic on this board, not even lurking since june .
In France with a sentence about "to have eyes bigger than belly".
Kirk started too many things now he can't follow the rythm. The spammers
realized pretty quickly that this Hendrix board were far more welcoming than a bunch of bunnies from paradise.
But Internet being internet I met Blues over there and for an Hendrix fan it was a thrill to read his souvenirs .
batagy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I used to see threads here from time to time, and I follow here mostly, but often I don't have enough time to make nice posts, so that is one reason on my part.

From global point of view, I think the earlier spamming made a big negative impact here, previously this forum was more active. Despite the spam now prevented, but it seems its past effect is still here. I've seen an another forum (not music related) which was very active some years ago, then it was hacked, the hackers deleted many useful topics and discussions. After the forum engine was restored, but so many useful threads lost so after that the interest got decreased a lot.

Here, we must keep this Hendrix Forum alive, since this is the one and only Jimi Hendrix Forum. Very Happy

Another reason that Janie is releasing so slow that it seems we're waiting forever for some nice soundboard recordings. Very Happy (You know what I'm talking about, it's the RAH recording.)
hello people

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because everytime I look in here nothing has changed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: