Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Chuck Wein

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Chuck Wein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Chuck Wein Reply with quote

A strange question I know-but the film Factory Girl is just coming out over here in the UK. Is Chuck Wein the svengali sort-of that was behind Edie Sedgwick, the same Chuck Wein the "wizard" anyone-can-be-jesus-if they-want to- character- in Rainbow Bridge.??

Was he there hanging out one minute at the factory with a group of "faggots" (as edie called them) with his silver hair- then went of to Maui to wear beads eat seaweed and meditate? If so that's too bizarre.
Shocked
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Chuck Wein Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
A strange question I know-but the film Factory Girl is just coming out over here in the UK. Is Chuck Wein the svengali sort-of that was behind Edie Sedgwick, the same Chuck Wein the "wizard" anyone-can-be-jesus-if they-want to- character- in Rainbow Bridge.??

Was he there hanging out one minute at the factory with a group of "faggots" (as edie called them) with his silver hair- then went of to Maui to wear beads eat seaweed and meditate? If so that's too bizarre.
Shocked

Ha! Bizarre indeed.. Nice to see ya around here again Georgina!

Quote:
By the time The Chelsea Girls was made the following summer, Morrissey had begun taking a more active role in Warhol's filmmaking, effectively replacing Chuck Wein whose influence had diminished when Edie Sedgwick split with Warhol. Wein went on to work on the non-Warhol film Ciao Manhattan starring Edie and would also direct Rainbow Bridge featuring Pat Hartley who Warhol had shot for a Screen Test.

http://www.warholstars.org/warhol/warhol1/andy/warhol/can/paul12.html
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.factorymade.org/sociogram/wein.html

This is what Chuck Wein looks like in recent years!!! How compeletly scary- My god I hope that doesnt happen to me. Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=edie+sedgwick&search=Search

I cant believe he went out with this totaly cool albiet doomed woman...
I think he was her promoter kind of..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jimi+hendrix+rainbow+bridge&search=Search

Just to complete the effect ... and to boggle on how he made such a crap film!-Apart from Jimi's gig of course.

I take it Andy Warhol must of been the talent behind the films he did with Edie as well as her own charisma..that's my only assumption..or Chuck maybe had done far too many drugs by that stage to get it together..

Thanks for you info bbww- sometimes in life truth is far, far stranger than fiction.

and good to be back Very Happy - I was trying to avoid getting a virus with all the spam that was on here..
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chuck hasn't aged well, but then again neither did Noel Redding... har har..

I must admit, I know next to nothing about Andy Warhol or Edie Sedgwick, so I guess I'll have to check out Factory Girls.

Yeah, tell me about the spam. Some wanker has no life.. I recently joined the boards over at myspace to get away from this crap. Gary Serkin (the moderator) has played and is friends with Billy Cox. Christopher is over there as well. More 30-somethings is just what that board needs, lol.. There's considerably less spam over there..

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100038960&Mytoken=1AA14685-FBFF-42CE-915162389DF65D3D44055983
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Spam Reply with quote

Yes the spam here still keeps coming with breaks now and then,and even on the myspace site of gary's it gets it now and then too,man i hate this spam for shure.
Robert W

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad that he directed "Rainbow Bridge." I still wish that "Rainbow Bridge" could have been a better film.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: