Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Noel Redding's House For Sale

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Noel Redding's House For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Noel Redding's House For Sale Reply with quote

From the voodoochile list, courtesy of Dave Thompson..

Noel's house for sale..

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=c15&s[a_id]=47&s[mnp]=1750000&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[mnb]=&s[mxb]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[sqmn]=&s[sqmx]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=378467%20<http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=Search+%BB&s%5bcc_id%5d=c15&s%5ba_id%5d=47&s%5bmnp%5d=1750000&s%5bmxp%5d=&s%5bbd_no%5d=&s%5bmnb%5d=&s%5bmxb%5d=&s%5bpt_id%5d=&s%5bhouse_type%5d=&s%5bsqmn%5d=&s%5bsqmx%5d=&s%5bmna%5d=&s%5bmxa%5d=&s%5bsearch_type%5d=sale&s%5btransport%5d=&s%5badvanced%5d=&s%5bprice_per_room%5d=&s%5bfurn%5d=&s%5brefreshmap%5d=1&limit=10&id=378467>
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that bbww- how interesting.

It looks a regular palace to me.. Noel always used to make out he didnt have very much money.

hmmm.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that it has taken me so long to reply.

I agree. After reading Noel's autobiography, I was under the impression that he was close to down and out. From the looks of that house it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't doubt that he was cheated out of money owed to him though.
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ok.

Yes I was surprised- he could have at least rented the cottage out. Or taken in paying quests in a place that size if he was so on his uppers.

But I think maybe he got a one of pay off for his Experience royalties and that's how he got to be able to buy it. Despite losing out on the millions he could got if he hung on to them with the advent of cd and dvd.

He was in a beautiful place though.

Apparently he and his band used play in the local pub for free every weekend and he often used to invite fans to jam with him.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, De Barra's. I had heard that he was a regular there. The 'History Of Rock' DVD set has a short interview segment with Noel and I'm guessing it's from De Barra's. Noel also plays an acoustic version of Little Wing, albeit brief.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Rock-Roll-REGION-NTSC/dp/B0002234XQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1223682190&sr=1-1

I don't know if you've seen this, but there's a video on You Tube of Noel being interviewed at the pub.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niUSNVGUAM0
Georgina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, I enjoyed those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: