Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Elvira Dishes On Jimi, Elvis

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Elvira Dishes On Jimi, Elvis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Elvira Dishes On Jimi, Elvis Reply with quote

Quote:
"Oh my goodness, don’t tell me I helped you through puberty too," Cassandra Peterson, once known as horror host "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark," told KCRW's Garth Trinidad during a guest-DJ session on Wednesday. "If I had a dime for every guy who said I helped him through puberty..."

Well, here's another dime, Elvira. Happy Halloween!

Peterson stopped by Los Angeles' indie standout as part of the radio station's Guest DJ program, which has given people like Digg's Kevin Rose, skate legend Tony Hawk, Iron Man director Jon Favreau and more a chance to spin their favorite tunes through the laser. And to be honest, Peterson turned in a less than ghoulish set, pumping out oldies but goodies like Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog," The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There," The Pretenders' "Brass in Pocket" and Jimi Hendrix's "Foxy Lady." The newest tune in her playlist was The White Stripes' "Conquest." They just don't make them like they used to.

But Elvira did come clean on her date with Elvis and a fling with Jimi, Listening Post's favorite guitarist.

On Elvis: "It wasn’t that exciting. I mean it was exciting -- oh God, it was exciting for me -- but not that much happened because I was 17. That spells jailbait."

On Hendrix: "Man, the first time I heard Hendrix, I just didn’t know what hit me. I was such a freak. I followed him around where he played in the United States, just like concert to concert, and then finally I met him too at the Denver Pop Festival. And I had quite a lot of fun with him, I must say. Ow!"

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/10/october-rocks-e.html
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info,have herd about Elvira for a long time on and off but not for sometime here.Like shure her show was not shown here,but saw mentions of it on shows maybe E.T etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: