Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Anyone want to loan me £7.5 million?

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Anyone want to loan me £7.5 million?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Anyone want to loan me £7.5 million? Reply with quote

Quote:
Buy Jimi Hendrix's Notting Hill house for £7.5m
Kasia Maciejowska

John Hitchcox's partners in his design and development business include Philippe Starck and Jade Jagger; his social set encompasses Elle Macpherson and Kate Moss. And, if these associations are not glamorous enough for you, the Ladder can reveal that Jimi Hendrix used to live in Hitchcox's home in Westbourne Grove, West London.

Indeed, the property may have inspired Hendrix's greatest hit, Purple Haze. All together now: “Purple haze all in my brain/Lately things just don't seem the same/Actin' funny, but I don't know why/'scuse me while I kiss the sky.” One story goes that in 1966, after a big night out, Hendrix returned home to Notting Hill, at that time a rundown neighbourhood. He saw the terraced house tinged in purple through, one imagines, a psychedelic haze.

The house is now on the market for a hefty £7.5 million, but then it has been done up a bit since Hendrix's day. Hitchcox, known for his hyperactive tendencies and highflying international work schedule, has installed a pool, gym, cinema, music studio, skylights and fireplaces. There are white walls and wood floors, and that Zen layout style that was so popular in the late Nineties dominates. But the spirit of the Sixties - and Hendrix himself - lingers on.

Hitchcox, who plays a bit of guitar himself, has done up the downstairs loo as a sort of Hendrix tribute, with swirling purple wallpaper and black-and-white shots of Jimi on the wall. Surely these will stay in commemoration of the history of the house, perhaps at a special price?

Notting Hill may now be populated more by trustafarians than Rastafarians but the hero worship of Hendrix runs rampant among middle-aged bankers who still play air guitar in the sitting rooms of W11 in tribute to the guitar icon. One of them will surely come forward as the buyer - or at least try to negotiate the price down.

The house is 4,530 sq ft and has a leafy private drive for parking and a small paved garden. It's a party house but also a family house, with a pretty stuccoed frontage and sweet little roof terrace. Perhaps one of Hitchcox's high-profile pals will take it off his hands.

Hitchcox co-founded the Manhattan Loft Corporation, a property success story of the 1990s that was influential in bringing New York-style warehouse living to London. He now co-owns and runs Yoo, a well-branded international property development company that sells its signature style all over the world.

knightfrank.co.uk

struttandparker.com

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/buying_and_selling/article5096725.ece
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BBWW for the post.

Well they maybe hard pressed to sell as no-one is buying these days-so you might get a bargin! You never know.

I never knew he lived there except for when he stayed with Monica Danneman-I thought he was staying at the Hyde Park Towers Hotel in 1966..

Then moved to Ringo's old house and then Mayfair but hey ho-must have done for a while..

You could do quite a Tour of Hendrix's London. They ought to do a London Walk (thinking aloud) that would be nice.Smile
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's an idea! Smile There are loads of Beatle tours already. Nothing wrong with that (I love the Fab Four), but a Hendrix tour would be nice. It would be great to have a pint at the Red Lion pub and check out Olympic Studios in Barnes someday..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: