Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Jimi's Multi-Track Studio Masters

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Jimi's Multi-Track Studio Masters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VoodooGypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Jimi's Multi-Track Studio Masters Reply with quote

This is something I've pondered about. Back in the early 80s when I was collecting audiophile LPs, I called up Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, who press high-end vinyl releases off the studio master tapes, and asked one of the engineers about Jimi Hendrix releases. He said they inquired about it and was told that the studio mult-track masters were lost. Then over the years I look at the liner notes on the cd re-masters and they say re-mastered from the studio "mixed-down" masters by Eddie Kramer.
Anybody know what the deal is on the multi-tracks? Are they still lost? Were they destroyed? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: