Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Hello All

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hello All

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9ToTheUniverse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Hello All Reply with quote

My name is Tony. I'm 36 and first got into Hendrix when I was 17.

There was a movie (can't remember the name), and the kid in it walked around with a radio with "Foxy Lady" playing. I knew it was a song by some guy named Jimi Hendrix.

For some reason it ignited something and I started wondering about this Hendrix guy. I went to the music store to check out some of his albums (vinyl) and was immediately attracted to the cover of "Are You Experienced", so I bought it. After listening to it, I kept playing it over and over again and the rest is history.

My friends who were hooked on bands like Dokken, Maiden, and other metal groups at the time (mid 80's) couldn't understand what I saw in this guy. No need for explanation for you guy's. You know what I'm talking about. Anyway, the rest is history.

I don't buy too many records/c.d.'s anymore, but I have become more fascinated with videos. I do have some stuff (don't know if it's cool to use the "B" word) on video like "Live in Stolcholm", and Live At The Fillmore East" along with some other stuff.

It's great to be here with other Hendrix fans.
hello people

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm a bit the same. Out of all my friends I was the only one who really got into Hendrix. I first started getting into him in 1990 when I was 17.

Last few years I've had a lull...been listening to The Beatles and mainly Bob Dylan. But lately I've gone back to Jimi.

One of my favourite songs is Bleeding Heart that I think he did at Albert Hall in 1969...noone can play like that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: