Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Ronnie Wood - Jimi Hendrix never said 'goodnight'

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Ronnie Wood - Jimi Hendrix never said 'goodnight'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Ronnie Wood - Jimi Hendrix never said 'goodnight' Reply with quote

Quote:
by Jason Gregory
19 July 2008
Photo by: WENN

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has revealed that Jimi Hendrix didn’t acknowledge him on the eve of his death.

“He was leaving Ronnie Scott’s [jazz club]. He had his arm around a girl and he looked really sad. I went out after him and said, ‘Jimi, you didn’t say goodnight,” Wood told the Financial Times.

Hendrix died in unexplained circumstances in September 1970 during a visit to London.

The guitarist shared a flat with Wood for six months in the late 1960s while Wood was still a member of the Faces.

Recalling their time together, Wood said: “He didn’t think he was any good as a singer. I used to say, ‘Don’t worry about that voice’,” Wood revealed.

“He used to obliterate real life by being stoned all the time – and he couldn’t handle it. He didn’t realise how good he was.”

Wood’s interview with the newspaper came shortly before allegations of an apparent relationship with a Russian girl were published in a tabloid newspaper.

The guitarist has since been admitted to rehab amid reports that his wife, Jo, has walked out of their 23-year marriage.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/44744/ronnie-woodjimi-hendrix-never-said-goodnight-before-death
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info blahblahwoofwoof,did not know that they shared a flat together,or i forgot about it.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot that they shared a flat too.
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have skim read Ronnie Woods book in borders, seems to me he can't remember a lot of stuff..from being rather out of it i guess.

I am sorry for his problems though at the moment. Hope things work for him eventualy.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems he's having a hard time with alcohol these days. Hope he patches things up with his wife.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: