Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Latest Jimi Hendrix Announcements

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Latest Jimi Hendrix Announcements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Latest Jimi Hendrix Announcements Reply with quote

Just making a new thread where you can talk about say the latest album,dvd that comes out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimi Hendrix DVD of the Monterey Pop Festival to be Released.

Ok the firs thingt i saw on the internet today was that they are putting(the offiical estate) the dvd of this,though not shure if other version was on dvd?.But this will have lots of extra things too on it like" Live performances of "Stone Free" and "Like A Rolling Stone, the two earliest known unreleased Jimi Hendrix Experience performances, shot February 25, 1967 at Chelmsford, England are also part of the package". Cool

Also they are having the cd and lp versions of the show come out at the same time,i wont get them as have copies of the show already on tape and cd.Another thing always wondere why can you see me has no fotage for it,like the camera was playing up or something?.

http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/news/news,monterey.html
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: New hendrix website mainpage Reply with quote

Well the main page has changed as you see in the link below,if you had it saved you will find this.But found out when say if you click on red house tour it will go to the old link bit you used to see in the 2nd link below and the old main part comes up itself.
I dont get why the pages dont open to a full screen though?,just a smaller box.

http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/index.php

http://www.redhousetour.com/

http://www.redhousetour.com/jimihendrix.html
batagy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read the news as well.

I'm a little bit disappointed about it, because the Monterey show is widely available everywhere, the Alan Douglas 1986 release is quiet good, and the footage is available on the Criterion DVD. Of course this will be an improved version, new Eddie Kramer mix, and DVD will have a lot new extras, so I'm happy about for it, but everybody expected the RAH material to came out.

A description from the new release from the amazing Hendrix website http://perso.orange.fr/hendrix.guide/hendrix2.htm

Quote:
Killing Floor (Burnett), Foxy Lady, Like A Rolling Stone (Dylan), Rock Me Baby (King/arr. Hendrix), Hey Joe (Roberts), The Wind Cries Mary, Purple Haze, Wild Thing (Chip Taylor)

After all the rumours that Albert Hall 69 was set to be the next official release from Experience Hendrix, the estate opts for an update of the classic show that slew the States. Extracts that had been remixed by Eddie Kramer were included on the MCA 2000 box set and a complete listen will show how this version compares to the excellent Alan Douglas edition of 1986.
Although this might be anti-climax to veteran fans, it's great news that this explosive show will be widely available after such a long absence* and even better news is a the new DVD of the show ! - See Film section.

*The set had been available in 2004 on the unofficial release "No More A Rolling Stone" from Purple Haze Records and in a bizarre jumbled form from ITM Media in 1992.

DVD:
+ A Second Look (alternate footage)

+ "Stone Free", "Like A Rolling Stone" - February 25, 1967 at Chelmsford Corn Exchange, England !!!!

+ American Landing (documentary)

+ Music, Love and Flowers (documentary)

To coincide with the re-release of the Monterey show on CD in October 2007, the Hendrix estate has put together this new deluxe set. The original Pennebaker footage has been enhanced (and is presented in its original theatrical aspect ratio of 1.33:1). The soundtrack features new 5.1 surround and 2.0 stereo mixes by Eddie Kramer from the original eight-track live recordings made at the concert by remote engineer Wally Heider.
Look at those bonuses ! "A Second Look" is an interactive feature which will enable one to switch between previously unseen camera angles. There is also some previously unreleased live footage of The Experience performing "Stone Free" and "Like A Rolling Stone" shot on February 25, 1967 at Chelmsford Corn Exchange, England (the two numbers have already circulated as bootleg audio and a film extract cropped up on YouTube).
There are also two documentarys, "American Landing" which has unreleased interviews with Mitch and Noel (and perhaps unrleased interview with Jimi) and "Music, Love and Flowers" which is all about the festival.

Not clear if the film here is in fact "Jimi Plays Monterey" (with the London Olympia footage and Animals intro music etc.).
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the site batagy,its a new one to me, and added to all the others i have. And also though i hardly look at many i save reguarly i admit,because of slow dial up speed on the pc and just the time to checked them too,thanks still.
batagy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: LIVE IN PARIS & OTTAWA 1968 Reply with quote

Newest Dagger Records album will be released on Aug 26, 2008.

Title: "THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - LIVE IN PARIS & OTTAWA 1968"

It contains the January 29, 1968 Paris, L'Olympia Theatre rceording, which was on previously on Stages Box set disc 1.

The second, that it contains 3 unreleased tracks from 1st show on March 19, 1968 Ottawa. The "Live In Ottawa" previous Dagger disc was recorded on the 2nd show on this date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: