Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions (Dagger)

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions (Dagger)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions (Dagger) Reply with quote

Anyone enjoy this CD as much as I do. It's great sound quality. Jimi seems in a great mood. The music is upbeat yet relaxed and casual at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard it, what's on it?- may get it if any good...
Whoppie Git

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.daggerrecords.com/disc5.html

Cool
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1, Burning Desire 9:33, this is the same track that is on Loose Ends
2, Hoochie Coochie Man 5:57 , again, same version as Loose Ends
3, Message To Love 4:50
4, Ezy Ryder 5:32
5, Power Of Soul 7:33
6, Earth Blues 5:10
7, Changes 5:20
8, Lover Man 3:39
9, We Gotta Live Together 0:44
10, Baggy’s Jam 4:55
11, Earth Blues 6:26
12, Burning Desire 7:20

I make a playlist and only listen to;
1, Burning Desire
2, Hoochie Coochie Man
3, Message To Love
4, Ezy Ryder
5, Power Of Soul
8, Lover Man
10, Baggy’s Jam
They are all excellent tracks and the sound quality is superb, a must for any Hendrix collector.

The two Earth Blues tracks (6 & 11) don’t do it for me, seems to me for that song you need a rich multilayered studio mix with female vocalists.
I don’t listen to 7, Changes because its sound like a Buddy song, Jimi just runs through it in robot fashion.
Same thing with 9, We Gotta Live Together, Jimi just runs through it with minimal guitar playing and it doesn’t hold up like the other great tracks on this CD
I don’t listen to 12, Burning Desire because the first Burning Desire is the good one. This one is redundant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen b4 but always a bit dubious about what EH put out. But thanks for the info Ed, it looks really good.
bonovox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old topic but I want this CD and its not available in the UK. Authentic Hendrix in the USA ship to the UK but it takes about 4 weeks and about $21 in all. Anyone know of any other sources or is Authentic hendrix the only place that I can buy it? I have always loved the version of Hoochie Coochie Man that has been previously available. Any ideas anyone?
batagy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's available from other place than Authentic Hendrix (officially). I saw it at Amazon UK here, although it's not available there.

But I'm wonder why it tooks 4 weeks for you tp ship. I often ordered Dagger disc from Authentic Hendrix, and always got it approx one week, to Hungary. Maybe there is your "Source Code" in the back of the official Authentic Hendrix Catalog (if you got it), which should be given when you order the discs on Authentix webpage, and maybe giving this code makes faster the shippping, I don't know, it's just a guess. But as I said it took usually 1-1.5 week for me to get the order.
bonovox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batagy wrote:

But I'm wonder why it tooks 4 weeks for you tp ship. I often ordered Dagger disc from Authentic Hendrix, and always got it approx one week, to Hungary. Maybe there is your "Source Code" in the back of the official Authentic Hendrix Catalog (if you got it), which should be given when you order the discs on Authentix webpage, and maybe giving this code makes faster the shippping, I don't know, it's just a guess. But as I said it took usually 1-1.5 week for me to get the order.

Thanks for the answer m8. I will order from Authentic hendrix. Its not that I know it takes 4 weeks cos I have never ordered from them before. It just says on the website allow 4 weeks for international deliveries. But as you have ordered from them previously and they have sent your order within a couple of weeks then I think I will order from them. Thanks again for your answer. Cheers. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: