Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Death by Excess

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Death by Excess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Death by Excess Reply with quote

Did anyone in the UK (I know some of you are out there!) see this programme on Sky 1 last night?

It went into the deaths, of Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Keith Moon. They interviewed Charles Cross and Cathy Etchingham about Jimi..it was quite interesting if macabre they went through a brief run through of their lives and reconstructed the death scenes of each with actors. With biological/medical opinons about the cause death. Maybe the programme will go to the US at some point.
Whoppie Git

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing about elvis?

why are the britts always forgetting elvis?........seems odd
spose elvis is either an "i love him or i hate him" kinda guy..........butthe guy is such a funny funny act he just cracks me up. i grabbed some elvis soundboards of late and he really is a unique performer........i don't listen very often but it's quite a show (in a vegas kinda way)

and yeh yeh i know........i'm really a guitar heroes kinda guy (and i've seen every one of them too, outside of jimi)......but still...............you need a little relief from 15 minute guitar solos once in a while, and abba's only good if i've been drinking heavily Rolling Eyes
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoopie- how can you misjudge us brits so- As i understand it programme 5 in the series is totaly dedicated to Elvis...
JimiJames

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that the guy who was playing Jimi in Death By Excess is in a Hendrix tribute band, which I've seen a couple of times, called Are You Experienced. The guy is amazing, a top Hendrix copy.

His name is John Campbell btw, check his site www.areyou-experienced.co.uk
bonovox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimiJames wrote:
Did you know that the guy who was playing Jimi in Death By Excess is in a Hendrix tribute band, which I've seen a couple of times, called Are You Experienced. The guy is amazing, a top Hendrix copy.

His name is John Campbell btw, check his site www.areyou-experienced.co.uk

Just heard clips off his website and I'm not that impressed, it actually reminds me of ME doing a Hendrix impression which ain't very good. Voodoo Chile has all the feeling of a guitarist of today, meaning no feeling.
JimiJames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, but no one is gonna sound exactly like him, but you need to actually see John play, then you might think otherwise.
Georgina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah-I didn't think he looked much like Jimi Hendrix-he was ok for the programme though. The reconstruction of the death scene was not an image I' d particularly like to hold in my mind-I try and remember Hendrix happy playing in Maui-not lying in his own vomit. One thing though they reckon he didn't suffer. The programme was made by a scientific film company-they think he was unconcious and wouldn't have known anything and just succombed to it very quickly.

The Hamsters were meant to be a good Hendrix tribute band in the Uk-dont know if their still going-they were going in the early to mid 90's so maybe not now. They look nothing like him at all but people used to say to me if you closed your eyes, it was just as if Hendrix was there playing the sound was so spot on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: