Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Dagger Records Bootlegs

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Dagger Records Bootlegs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Dagger CDs. I wish the Family would put out a lot more.

My Favorites are; Hear My Music, Morning Symphony Ideas and Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bonovox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batagy wrote:
WhoopieCat wrote:

The Hendrix dvd's seem to just appear as they were found. I dunno if Im making sense, but for example with the Hendrix at Berkeley dvd there seems to have been no effort to make any mini documentaries on it or even an effort to seek out the complete concert film. But maybe that's just me. I'm a completist and wanna see it all!!!

Yes, I agree with DVDs. I also would like to see complete performances. The Berkeley is only DVD version of the early documentary movie. The tracks are missings, out of order, and which are there, are heavily edited. However the sound quality is excellent for Berkeley.

I had heard that most of the Berkeley footage had been lost and that is why you have the awful official release where the songs are cut to hell, its a damn shame cos there were some great versions recorded there, especially Hey Joe which is the BEST EVER version of that song. My question is why have Monterey and Atlanta not had full restored releases on DVD yet?
VoodooGypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonovox wrote:
batagy wrote:
WhoopieCat wrote:

The Hendrix dvd's seem to just appear as they were found. I dunno if Im making sense, but for example with the Hendrix at Berkeley dvd there seems to have been no effort to make any mini documentaries on it or even an effort to seek out the complete concert film. But maybe that's just me. I'm a completist and wanna see it all!!!

Yes, I agree with DVDs. I also would like to see complete performances. The Berkeley is only DVD version of the early documentary movie. The tracks are missings, out of order, and which are there, are heavily edited. However the sound quality is excellent for Berkeley.

I had heard that most of the Berkeley footage had been lost and that is why you have the awful official release where the songs are cut to hell, its a damn shame cos there were some great versions recorded there, especially Hey Joe which is the BEST EVER version of that song. My question is why have Monterey and Atlanta not had full restored releases on DVD yet?

Monterey has been restored by Criterion. You get the whole concert film plus a seperate Jimi segment that covers every song except the opener which for some reason they didn't have the cameras rolling. So they give you the audio on that cut with a video of an artist painting a muriel of Jimi on a brick wall. Still pretty neat.

As for Atlanta, still waiting on that one.
velvet walls

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on Atlanta as well . I bought the japanese laserdisc of the show , but during awaiting shipment of the disc ..............my laserdisc player petered out on me ! My next ebay purchase will to buy a used LD player . What's the deal W/ the legal "red tape " on the '69 Royal Albert Hall show ........wasn't that tied up in the courts ? I know it's been booted (video ) but I know this film will eventually see the light of day on an official release .
batagy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what will be the next Dagger release?
They released one Dagger album per year so far. Now it's almost end of 2007, and no Dagger.

Personally I more expect studio jamming stuff compared to bad quality concerts. There're still tons of unreleased studio works out there.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Later on Reply with quote

I have not even bought one of these albums yet,though i do want to get some at some stage.Like the stores here dont have them realy,would need to order them in,and just no cash right now.
batagy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Later on Reply with quote

Christopher X wrote:
Like the stores here dont have them realy,would need to order them in,and just no cash right now.

Of course stores won't have them there, because Dagger albums can only be ordered from Authentic Hendrix directly.
Yeah some money needs for it. Very Happy

I have all the Dagger releases now, I collected them over the years. Basicly not all of them worth the money, but I wanted to have the collection. Best for me the studio releases, like Morning Symphony Ideas (this is killer good), Here My Music, and Burning Desire.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I must have forgot that then on them not being in the stores(unless a 2nd hand one maybe).And i would think the music stores could order them for me if i asked eventualy.And that Morning Symphony Ideas was the one i wanted to get first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: