Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Jimi's Friends

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Jimi's Friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Jimi's Friends Reply with quote

What about most of Jimi's friends, such as Melinda Merryweather, Pat Hartley, Fayne Pridgeon, the Aleems, Linda Keith, Eric Burdon, etc?
Bobends

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about them?
Robert W

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know more about their lives right now. Apart from knowing or having met Jimi Hendrix.
Georgina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Eric Burden interviewed for a documentary recently about the influence of british soul music, he seems fine almost white haired now! I am guessing he still plays gigs he might have a website around.

Linda keith was on a documentry about Hendrix a couple of years ago, she appeared to be living in nice house from what I could see,so she must be doing ok, she aged a bit grey, more conservative looking, still has amazing bone structure, far more alert and articulate, so she must have been doing a lot drugs of when she was interviewed for the 70's documentry on Hendrix. i dont know what happened to her after her associations with Hendrix and the Stones.

The Aleem twins have clearly converted to Islam and seem to have the secret of eternal youth from what I can see. One of them married Fayne after Jimi left, but don't whats happen now.

but pat hartley, and others it would be interesting to know, some maybe dead of course.
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry a quick google has revealed Linda Keith went on to marry music producer John Porter who was in an early formation of Roxy Music and then went on to produce them and a host of other artists.

and here is Eric's website.

http://www.ericburdon.com/index.php?id=news

Would be handy if you could edit your own posts on here.
Robert W

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that a lot of people who met Jimi Hendrix don't want to be bothered telling stories about him over and over again.
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aleems do appearances on jimi, and it looks like they made a pretty good career for themselves over the years producing dance, hip hop and fostering the careers of a number of mc's.

but generaly it seems that there are not many programmes on about Hendrix anyhow, and in the uk anyway, they always try to get a modern artist to comment on him that people generaly may know, for the ratings, rather than an obscure old friend only known to his hardcore fan base. I suppose to the general public he's just a dead hippy guitar player who died of drugs. Sad

They rather watch a programme about Justin Timberlake or someone of similar ilk.
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on that, Georgina.
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wish that a lot of them who are willing to be interviewed about Jimi Hendrix today. That would be something. I'm talking about Pat Hartley, Colette Mimram, Fayne Pridgeon, Rosa Lee Brooks, and others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: