Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - More crass marketing bull*^%@!

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

More crass marketing bull*^%@!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: More crass marketing bull*^%@! Reply with quote

Quote:
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) -- A new energy drink doesn't promise to give you the juice to play guitar like Jimi Hendrix, but it does hope to give you a "Liquid Experience."
Beverage Concepts says its nonalcoholic "Liquid Experience" drinks, named for Hendrix's breakthrough album, "Are You Experienced?" will debut in April.

The concept is irking some Hendrix fans, many of whom still consider him the greatest guitarist of all time.

"To see his image and the beautiful feelings it has created during my lifetime cheapened by base advertising ... is very disappointing to me," said bassist Michael Balzary, better known as Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The image of Hendrix, who died in 1970 from a drug overdose in London, has been licensed for products including baby clothing, an air freshener, lava lamp and a Christmas ornament. Portions of royalties have gone to several educational causes, including the United Negro College Fund, said Bruce Kuhlman, director of licensing and brand development for Authentic Hendrix, the Seattle-based company that controls use of Hendrix's name and images.

Beverage Concepts Chief Executive Josh Glass said his company would honor Hendrix's memory by donating some of the profit from the Liquid Experience to an unidentified music education foundation.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/24/D8MRNTQ80.html

http://www.beverageconcepts.net/

Rolling Eyes Sad
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Strange Reply with quote

Yes i saw a post on myspace about this posted by the admin,its strange some of the things like this and before with golf clubs etc.. that they have used with hendrix's image,but this has no conection at all to hendrix realy i think.Only if hendrix drank it and made the recipe then that would be different,but he did not,so it seems silly. Confused
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Reply with quote

Christopher X wrote:
Yes i saw a post on myspace about this posted by the admin,its strange some of the things like this and before with golf clubs etc.. that they have used with hendrix's image,but this has no conection at all to hendrix realy i think.Only if hendrix drank it and made the recipe then that would be different,but he did not,so it seems silly. Confused

Strangely enough, this story is getting more play in the press than the "Hendrix vodka" did awhile back. I guess everyone from EH to Leon's camp hasn't gotten the picture yet.
Robert W

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way Experience Hendrix is operating with crass marketing, unfortunately.
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pkus, I can't buy anything that has the "Experience Hendrix" logo. That makes me wants to puke.

Sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: