Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Rainbow Bridge

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Rainbow Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9ToTheUniverse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Rainbow Bridge Reply with quote

I absolutly love Jimi's performance at Rainbow Bridge.

There's just something about "Rainbow Bridge" that I've always been fascinated by.

An out-door show, in Hawaii, with the wind blowing with a crowd of only 400 (approx). Even though it was reported that Jimi was not too happy about doing this show, he was surprisingly in a good mood come show time.

Though the actual performance may be seen by many as sloppy, Jimi played with unbelievable feeling that day.

As many of you know the movie only features Jimi playing for 20 minutes of the first set. Jimi does come out for a 2nd set with his Flying V, but then that's it, as it is cut short.

From what I know (correct me if I'm wrong), Jimi played two-1hour sets that day. all that I've ever found is the 20 minutes which is on the movie.

Where is the rest of that footage?
Does it exist?
Is it merely sitting in someone's basement, perhaps his stepsister's?
Do any of you guy's have this footage, or have you seen it?
Is it obtainable?

Peace!
EXP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: RB Reply with quote

In mine Rainbow Bridge DVD there's very short versions of just fev songs. But in "Until We See Again", there's almost full (no intro) ver of Hey Baby.
I think Rainbow Bridge sound quality is... messy. It's better in Until We See Again. But that Bridge-performance is still cool.
maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i agree. sound quality is very shitty but the hippies in the audience are very cool, they were really into it at the moment. does anybody have the limited double cd?
TheLoneliestMonk

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would remaster and re-release Rainbow Bridge on CD. The versions of "Hey Baby" and "Hear My Train A' Comin'" are the best I've ever heard.
Captain Coconut

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: HOPE Reply with quote

There is still some hope friends. First i don't think his performance was sloppy , for me it's a very good concert and the version of Foxey Lady is my favorite among all the live versions.
Yes they played 2 sets and in between went in a tent to meditate or whatever can makes you feel like a feather . His shirt is an authentic Hopi's shaman cloth (got this from Univibes). A CD with the entire Afternoon was edited last year but was forbidden by hendrix estate. Set list is :
Spanish Castles, Lover man, Hey Baby, In from the storm, Message to love,Foxey, Hear my train, Voodoo chile, Fire , Purple Haze, Dolly dagger,Villanova junction, Ezy rider, Red house, Jam back at the house, Hey babe, Stonefree/hey joe. Don't when the break happens.

Yesterday i received some goodies . There is a VCD with some of the regular Rainbow bridge stuff, but i feel it's another camera, and some shots with a poor quality but hey it's okay so i've seen Fire, beginning of ezy rider,dolly dagger and villanova junction ( believe me this one is from outta space). And oh : the Hey babe is almost complete without insane colours on the screen. I hope they will release it like Royal Albert Hall.
Question
lefty

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HOPE Reply with quote

Captain Coconut wrote:
There is still some hope friends. First i don't think his performance was sloppy , for me it's a very good concert and the version of Foxey Lady is my favorite among all the live versions.
Yes they played 2 sets and in between went in a tent to meditate or whatever can makes you feel like a feather . His shirt is an authentic Hopi's shaman cloth (got this from Univibes). A CD with the entire Afternoon was edited last year but was forbidden by hendrix estate. Set list is :
Spanish Castles, Lover man, Hey Baby, In from the storm, Message to love,Foxey, Hear my train, Voodoo chile, Fire , Purple Haze, Dolly dagger,Villanova junction, Ezy rider, Red house, Jam back at the house, Hey babe, Stonefree/hey joe. Don't when the break happens.

Yesterday i received some goodies . There is a VCD with some of the regular Rainbow bridge stuff, but i feel it's another camera, and some shots with a poor quality but hey it's okay so i've seen Fire, beginning of ezy rider,dolly dagger and villanova junction ( believe me this one is from outta space). And oh : the Hey babe is almost complete without insane colours on the screen. I hope they will release it like Royal Albert Hall.
Question

I managed to get a copy of the live double Rainbow Bridge Concerts before they made them get rid of it. They are still floating around though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4729062834&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1573&item=4729144526&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
maniac

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HOPE Reply with quote

lefty wrote:
Captain Coconut wrote:

Question

I managed to get a copy of the live double Rainbow Bridge Concerts before they made them get rid of it. They are still floating around though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4729062834&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1573&item=4729144526&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

These are the cds i'm talking about. Bought it one or two years ago for 25 €. Does anybody knows something about the limitation?
lefty

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that it wasn't released by EH. I guess they turned the lawyers loose. Purple Haze Records is what it was released under. I think they did another unauthorized recording too, although I can't remember which one it was.

The sound quality isn't that bad comapred to some of the Dagger stuff that has been released. If you have the box set (the purple velvet one) then you judge for yourself about the sound quality as all the Maui stuff on there (one ot two songs maybe?) is from the same concert.

Jimi's univibe sounds extra chewy on these Maui recordings. This has become one of my favortite live Hendrix recordings.
Captain Coconut

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lefty wrote:
Jimi's univibe sounds extra chewy on these Maui recordings. This has become one of my favortite live Hendrix recordings.

Oh yes , i want my univibe right now (one can dream) Wink
theubermod

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a (free) online guitar tab version of any of the rainbow bridge performances. I'm after the solo for Hey Baby in particular. It blew me away.
KOOL EXPERIENCE

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great concert, it was my first picture-disc of Jimi Hendrix...

I love de versions of Ezy Rider, Foxy Lady and Hear my Train A comin'.
muddy waters

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the double cd, he does a great version of "in from the storm" (first time live i think)

overall, i think the concert was great, though, i think all his concerts were great Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: