Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Van Zandt pikcups

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Van Zandt pikcups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
59strat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Van Zandt pikcups Reply with quote

hey which model of vz pickups do think is best for jimi's red house tone? i'm think either the blues specials or rocks.
Homemadestrat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Van Zants are great pickups---but pickups gotta be the most hyped item in all of a guitars sinal chain. Not to say that its not important to get good ones.. Google search Bill Lawrence (the site that mentions his wife Becky) He will sell you an equal quality pickup for a lot less money. Few know pickups as Bill does. You want his L280s--that'll nail the Hendrix
sound..Don't expect the sound if the rest of your guitar ain't up to snuff.
I have built 2 strats-They pretty much smoke almost any production ones- wood counts--nut material counts--the type of bridge counts-machine heads-type of string trees though none is best--Also I built mine with reverse headstocks (changes string tensions) I'm a righty and that gets you a little closer....You can't go wrong with L 280s.. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: