Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - (Proper post-)Albert Hall Concerts?

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

(Proper post-)Albert Hall Concerts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: (Proper post-)Albert Hall Concerts? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any news as to wether the Experience Albert Hall concert will be released? They're were rumours it maybe released this year?
bonovox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there releasing a documentary to me with a concert as well. I can't really tell from that interview which concert it is.
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you replies. I guess we'll just have to wait for Janie to announce a date then on the EH website. Funny I didnt think EH had the rights to it. But evidently they must have.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

I like this concert a lot and film of it in good condition would be even greater to see,i better start saving some money for it then.Thanks astro man for the news,did not think anyone would bother staying here with all the spam. Cool
hello people

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for someone to come forward by miracle and produce a recording of the show he did shortly after the assassination of Martin Luther King...can't remember where...apparently the whole audience was weeping, even the 'much maligned' stage hands, and what Jimi played was hauntingly beautiful. He abandoned completely his original set and said, "This is for a friend of mine...". The concert has been described as appallingly and harrowingly beautiful.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Read about this Reply with quote

I have read about this show in a hendrix book,like is there only audio,forget if they said if it was filmed maybe even?.And that song M.L.K or some other name maybe as that may have been made up on one of those alan douglas albums was maybe performed there?,i do need a good website with hendrix info on songs and shows,though i may have saved one over time and forgot. Question

Like also i think this was the show where mitch was the only or nearly white guy there,but then noel was still in the band then,i must be thinking of some other show where it was jimi,mitch and buddy maybe?,anyone know of this show i may be talking of,thanks. Confused
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christoper

The concert was- on 5th April 1968 at the Symphony Hall Newark, New Jersey.

The Experience, Noel, Mitch and Jimi were meant to play a 2nd show at Virginia Beach, Virginia which subsequently got cancelled due to Martin Luther Kings assasination. And the day after they played Newark.

Here is an extract describing it:

In the book “Jimi Hendrix: The Man, the Magic, the Truth,” author Sharon Lawrence quotes Scottish artist Mark Boyle, who was at Hendrix’s first concert after King’s assassination: “Jimi came on very quietly to enormous applause. Then he said softly into the microphone, ‘This number is for a friend of mine.’ He then began an improvisation that had a beauty that was simply appalling. Immediately everyone knew the friend was Martin Luther King Jr., and this music seemed to convey all the agony of black people. The whole audience was weeping … It was a lament for a great man, but it was the most harrowing lament, beyond anyone’s imagining. When he finished there was no applause. Everyone in this vast crowd just sat or stood sobbing, and Jimi laid his guitar down and walked quietly off the stage.”

It sounds like Jimi just came on and played on his own.And I dont think anyone ever captured it on film or tape or bootleg. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be heard apart from at that time?

Personaly from the description of it I wouldnt presume to understand.?
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Georgina for that,sounds like its from a book on hendrix my brother had too. Cool
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Univibes:

Quote:
We have been reliably informed that the Royal Albert Hall film footage (for future DVD release) now has edited. That’s the good news.

The bad news, however, is that the editing is awful (footage owner Goldstein insists he is control of all such editing). So we may, after waiting for some 38 years, be in for huge disappointment...

So don’t throw out that crappy, ancient, bootleg video of the show yet!

Los Angeles, 28 May 2007
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer! Evil or Very Mad

I thought Noel Redding had seen some of it and said it was very good?

I guess the proof of the pudding is going to be in the eating.

Thanks for that bbww.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Georgina!

My guess is that Noel was referring to the raw footage, which is said to be excellent. If you've seen the bootleg, then you already know the footage should be good; the quality of the bootleg (editing/effects) on the other hand is utter shit, but it's all we've got for the moment. I'd like to meet the guy (Goldstein??) who put sparklers on Jimi during "Little Wing"; truly disturbing. WTF...

You're right, we'll just have to find out ourselves when the times comes, probably when we're old and grey. Laughing

For anybody that doesn't already have the RAH bootleg DVD, you can download it here.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16409&highlight=Jimi+Hendrix+Royal+Albert+Hall
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Still there etc...? Reply with quote

Is it still there on the site,and then again do you have to be a member right,also dial up would not be too good would it,thanks. Question
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Still there etc...? Reply with quote

Christopher X wrote:
Is it still there on the site,and then again do you have to be a member right,also dial up would not be too good would it,thanks. Question

Yes, it's still up on the site. There are people on there with extremely slow download rates, so I'm assuming they're on dial-up. If you want it bad enough go for it. Either that, or find a friend with a fast connection who can help you out. Yeah, you do have to register to download anything off the site.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Pass on joining Reply with quote

I have joined to many groups,forums etc... on the net so will give it a miss and also the whole thing seem to hard to understand,the rules,formats of music etc...
Maybe we can do some trading if you have a copy of it,only thing dont know when i can,but would let you know by email. Wink Cool

Last edited by Christopher X on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd have no problem doing a trade, although it will probably cost an arm and a leg to send it all the way to Auckland from Chicago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: