Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - (Proper post-)Albert Hall Concerts?

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

(Proper post-)Albert Hall Concerts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batagy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reading at the Univibes webpage, that the official RAH footage (owned by Goldstein) is now edited from future DVD release.
Read it here:
http://www.univibes.com/News.html

But that also writes that:
Quote:
The bad news, however, is that the editing is awful (footage owner Goldstein insists he is control of all such editing). So we may, after waiting for some 38 years, be in for huge disappointment...

Well, if that's true that would be really a shame. We've waiting 38 years, and if it would not be a complete unedited without those psychedelic effect, then it would be completely shame. Isn't it?
Robert W

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, bagtay.
batagy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Janie announced that new release will be the Monterey show..... That will be a very nice release, for sure, with improved new mix by Eddie Kramer, and a lot new extras on the DVD, but everybody expected the RAH material to came out.

Maybe it's better they work more on the Royal Albert Hall footage, I hoping they don't release a crap edit. Or, maybe the RAH rights are still owned by Goldstein, and that will be released on a diferent label (not MCA)? I don't have a clue about it.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Concerts for DVD Reply with quote

Yes hopefully the albert hall dvd comes out before 2010,and with some added extra's as usual.Also i had herd it was filmed,not shure if whole show,but some of the concert he played at the isle of fehmarn germany in sept 1970.

And saw this on youtube just now a little of this english show they are adding to the monterey dvd,after checking the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqVKzPh_maU

http://www.electricskychurch.org/1967-02-25/1967-02-25.html
Hope this works for people as on dial up it takes ages for me,maybe someone can let me know what it is like,is it the same as the youtube footage or a bit more. Question
bonovox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah works fine. Its interesting to see this and the fact that after all these years new bits of footage keep turning up. Also good news about the official Monterey footage coming out on DVD at last. I hope that they do as good a job as they did with the Woodstock special edition release. Then they need to get Atlanta full show out on DVD as well and the Royal Albert Hall footage released.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Whats left out?. Reply with quote

What was left off the atlanta show again,like not shure i have it on cd or tape and would need to check it with the video of it. Question
batagy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, it seems something begins to happen with the famous Royal Albert Hall release.

I just read some news regarding that it will be released by Hendrix Estate officially in 2008 february or spring.

Read the following:
From Hans-Peter Johnsen's site, In From The Storm:
http://home.online.no/~hpjohnse/hendrix.html
Quote:
Official sources says the film from Hendrix' performance at The Royal Albert Hall in London 24.02.69 will be officially released on DVD in february 2008, close to 40 years after its originally intended release. The soundtrack will be released on CD at the same time, and will hopefully include the whole concert.

Another source is "The Jimi Hendrix Record Guide"
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/hendrix.guide/hendrix2.htm
He says:
Quote:
SPRING 2008 - The Experience live at The Royal Albert Hall !
Yes, things are beginning to move at Experience Hendrix at the moment.
This has recently been announced by Janie Hendrix. The concert film previously known as "Experience"
with other footage of Jimi on tour in Europe (not concert footage however).

Quote:
Then, in a recent interview with the LA Times, Janie Hendrix revealed that the Albert Hall film will finally be released next spring. At last ! She stated that this will be a theatre released film (does this push the CD/DVD releases back a few months ?) and aswell as the film of the concert there will be footage of Jimi travelling on tour. Other performances from that European tour seem not to be a feature unfortunately.

So folks, it seems time will come finally.... Very Happy For me, this is a kind of Holy Grail.... Very Happy
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info batagy,and dam feb 2008,im not ready realy i think,so many other hendrix albums to get too.Bu then this dvd would be realy good to get indeed. Cool
bonovox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah damn that sounds good info. Its gonna be good to get a good sound mix of this great concert on CD for one thing but to get a DVD as well should be pretty cool. Shall be buying both.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Maybe later on Reply with quote

Well as february is not far away is it realy coming out now i wonder?,let me know if you see it in the shops over there at this time.I will have to keep an eye out on the official website for it too.
bonovox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just reading the info above again I noticed Feb 2008 but then below that it says Spring 2008 which could mean anything from March-May 2008. I would have thought the middle of this year at the earliest.
Robert W

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it. I do hope that everyone enjoys it. I'm at a conflict with myself about it.
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is good news indeed. That at least something might happen before winter this year..theatre release first? Hm. Thats very lucrative for EH. I thought they didnt have the rights to it though?

It will be wonderful to see-just hope they do a good job on it.
batagy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the The Jimi Hendrix Record Guide mentions 2008 October as a date...... No surprise that it will be again delayed....
batagy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what about that damn Royal Albert Hall?
Does anybody know some news?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: