Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Rainbow Bridge the Concert-double CD?

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Rainbow Bridge the Concert-double CD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Rainbow Bridge the Concert-double CD? Reply with quote

Has anyone got this? I think it was released a few years ago for a limited time-I think it was double CD. I didnt get it at the time as there were reviews saying the sound was really bad and it was a rip off. But I found some reviews on Amazon saying its fantastic.. wonder what you thoughts were..?
Robert W

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double CD of the live concert is great.
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert for you reply I might get it then. I wonder why people were reviewing it saying the sound was terrible?
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Not herd of? Reply with quote

I must have missed this one i think?,is this a hendrix estate album,or one of those dagger bootleg shows,like you dont have a link on info for it,thanks. Question
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainbow-Bridge-Concert-Jimi-Hendrix/dp/B0000CB806/ref=sr_1_1/202-5524106-5661430?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1180080864&sr=8-1

Here's the link. I think you will have to order from Amazon uk if you want it get it-as amazon.com doesnt have any available.

Last edited by Georgina on Fri May 25, 2007 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgina

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's Purple Haze records and it came out in 2002.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Georgina for the info and link,i do remember seeing this at the local music store,though not a favourite concert realy having it would be good,just no money back then to get it.
batagy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this Purple Haze Records release on retail. This was their first release. More info about their releases here:
http://perso.orange.fr/hendrix.guide/purplehaze.htm

The Rainbow Bridge concert release is not the best. The sound quality varies over the recording, sometimes it's excellent soundboard, but sometime a bit muddy.

The mentioned webpage write
Quote:
During the recording, there were some technical problems and Mitch Mitchell had to later overdub his drum parts for the film soundtrack. Of those improved tracks, "Hey Baby/In From The Storm" appeared on the MCA 4 CD Box Set and "Foxy Lady" has been included on the MCA compilation called "Voodoo Child". This Purple Haze Records release features the tracks that were retouched for the film and is completed by the original tapes (with the drums and Jimi's vocals being rather muffled).

Tracklist also a bit confusing, in real for disc 2:
1. Dolly Dagger (5:09)
2. Instrumental (5:2Cool (This is actually Villanova Junction)
3. Ezy Ryder (4:54)
4. Red House (6:47)
5. Freedom (4:21)
6. Jam Back At The House (7:00) (This ends with Straight Ahead)
7. Land Of The New Rising Sun (4:47) (This contains some Midnight Lightning and Race With The Devil)

Note that 3 tracks are missing from this release: Spanish Castle Magic from the early show, Stone Free and Hey Joe from the late show. Also it seems that there are some cuts and editing. For example the beginning of "Jam Back At The House" is missing.

But overall, a great collectible disc.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info batagy. Cool
Georgina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Well ive got it - basicaly it's a posh bootleg. Guitar playing is gorgeous-you just don't get a good vocal track. But I love this concert so it's interesting to have-and something a bit different. It's shame they didnt do a good live version of this complete concert when Jimi was around with the all the tracks and good sound quality it would have been amazing.
But they had to mess about with it. Anyway at least we got to hear something of it in the now deleted original RB soundtrack.

Thanks for your info bagaty.
bonovox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the DVD bootleg that was made of his Maui Rainbow Bridge concert which I think is great. They married the soundboard sound with the video footage which survived and theres some good stuff on there. The full versions of Foxy Lady and Spanish Castle Magic are excellent and Jimi looks like he's really enjoying himself in this concert.
batagy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonovox wrote:
I have the DVD bootleg that was made of his Maui Rainbow Bridge concert which I think is great. They married the soundboard sound with the video footage which survived and theres some good stuff on there. The full versions of Foxy Lady and Spanish Castle Magic are excellent and Jimi looks like he's really enjoying himself in this concert.

Is that DVD which begins that Jimi with a gun, he is shutting down from a Window, and there are a lot of surfing and beach footage in it, during while the music can be heard?

I have that DVD as well, although I didn't watched it yet completely. I little bit disappointed about it, because of these surfing footages...
bonovox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batagy wrote:
bonovox wrote:

Is that DVD which begins that Jimi with a gun, he is shutting down from a Window, and there are a lot of surfing and beach footage in it, during while the music can be heard?

I have that DVD as well, although I didn't watched it yet completely. I little bit disappointed about it, because of these surfing footages...

yep thats the one m8. Yeah there is surfing footage and that but at least the songs are full versions not like that goddamn awful mix and match version they put on the official Rainbow Bridge video. Damn that was crap and the sound quality was crap as well. The sound quality from the bootleg DVD is soundboard and good quality. I just think its great to see this stuff and hear this stuff in the full.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: