Jimi Hendrix Discussion :: View topic - Jimi Hendrix - Exposition Backstage in Paris 2002

Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index

Jimi Hendrix Discussion
The Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum - Cause I'm standing next to a mountain....

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Jimi Hendrix - Exposition Backstage in Paris 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Jimi Hendrix - Exposition Backstage in Paris 2002 Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share this with anybody who hasn't seen it already. Really wish I could've been there. Nice closeup of the remains of the Monterey Strat.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2fW4qUIfno
Georgina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that bbww.

I noticed the Isle of White costume still looks like it's got the safty pin in it.!

Amazing to see the Monterey Strat-I did see the Hendrix exhib in the new Marquee club in London 2004. And they had the guitar he smashed up in stockholm I think.. It was a couple of big splinters of wood and a string. It was about £4000. Or maybe more.

Its funny they tend to be the most memorable in an exhib-(the smashed up guitars) probably because so much of Hendrix's energy was pored into them.
blahblahwoofwoof

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgina wrote:
Thanks for that bbww.

I noticed the Isle of White costume still looks like it's got the safty pin in it.!

Amazing to see the Monterey Strat-I did see the Hendrix exhib in the new Marquee club in London 2004. And they had the guitar he smashed up in stockholm I think.. It was a couple of big splinters of wood and a string. It was about £4000. Or maybe more.

Its funny they tend to be the most memorable in an exhib-(the smashed up guitars) probably because so much of Hendrix's energy was pored into them.

You must have a better eye than me, I didn't see the safety pin. Are you saying that because it looks all bunched up in the back?

Lucky you for going to the Marquee Club exhibit, I remember reading about that.
Georgina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I a saw it on the trousers glinting in the light..? I guess they wouldnt have repaired them as I dont think he wore that costume after Isle of White..
Robert W

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked very nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimi Hendrix Discussion Forum Index -> Jimi Hendrix Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: