Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Questions to those who have both Project Z releases
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Questions to those who have both Project Z releases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Questions to those who have both Project Z releases Reply with quote

How does the new album compare to the old and how do they differ?
Is there any doubt that if I like the first release that I'll like the second?
jwblanton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: possibly Reply with quote

My Lincoln Memorial will be here this week....hopefully!!!! I'll post as soon as I make it through it all. But, in response to your question I don't think there is any guarantee you will like the 2nd one just because you liked the first from what I've read depending on why you liked the first to begin with. Don't want to get too long winded but i got ProZ 1 back in my Allman/Frogwings stage and just didn't "get" most of the album except the heavy organ jam pieces (Raging Torrent and Mudbug). I could prolly find a way to respect Jimmy plucking a leader line on a fly pole now as some form of musical expression....AND...spend a lifetime trying to master his new casting hand technique Smile!! Needless to say, I now can listen to the CD all the way through! My wife still hates it though LOL!!!!
soundseed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eric, I have both the albums and would like to give you my take on them, and hopefully give you enough info for you to choose for yourself. The main difference between these two albums is that the first album has compositionally developed songs with a lot of interspersed improve, and some complete improve. The second album Is pure emotion, and by that I mean all the songs are improvised. If your looking for coherent separated songs this is not that album, and I believe that is the whole point. Its like they went in a room turned off all the lights and just let the feelings fly. I am a person who loves to listen to the emotional interaction between people in music even if there is no format. If you’re looking for something to open your ears and mind this would be it, and if not then that’s cool to. What would music be anyways if you couldn’t pick what you like?
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just being overly cautious. I don't have the disposable income I used to.
I'll probably pick it up eventually since I am a JH fan (otherwise I wouldn't be here).
Right now, I'm buying some of the Jazz Fest live recordings and I want to pick up that recorded ARU show from the cruise some site is selling. Now if I can only remember where I wrote down that link...
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, it's really good. I love it.

I think it's very UNLIKE the first Project Z album, but it's really good. Very jazzy and very improvosational and very worth getting.

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: