Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy giving Master Classes at AIM
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy giving Master Classes at AIM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsbe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Jimmy giving Master Classes at AIM Reply with quote

No info other than this image linking to Jimmy's site:

wajsims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: guitar lessons Reply with quote

A friend of mine took guitar lessons from him in Atlanta in the late 80s.
My friend recounts how Jimmy would sit with him in a tutorial session and sometimes Jimmy would commence to shredding the guitar and then gaze at my friend and deadpan seriously say " now student I will feel perfectly bad if I cannot teach you to shred as I have just shredded" and my friend would just sit there jaw dropped wondering how he would get around the situation as he was not going to shred like that back at him and he just did not want Jimmy to feel like a failure for not imparting the groove on him.

Imagine now...
gsbe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: not available to non-students Reply with quote

I called down to the Atlanta Institue of Music and talked to a woman there for a bit about Jimmy's involvement there. She thought that Jimmy would only be giving master classes and they are currently only available to enrolled students. I asked her to pass on my request to make these master classes available to non-students for a feee.......so we'll see how that turns out.

Cheers-
Graham Spice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: