Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - ARU DVD
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

ARU DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: ARU DVD Reply with quote

Someone posted a torrent of their 7/16/06 Allgood Fest performance on tradersden.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24465
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU!!

South Panic
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like Bobby Lee Rogers in any format I've heard. To think that he can even make ARU sound bad. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone has the right to their opinion, but if you are going to bash someone, you need to back it up with some reasoning or evidence why you do not like them. I'm really conscious of this board being more than the average message board where people are tough on artists with no reasoning to back it up.

From seeing the new ARU twice and HRS 9 times, I think the opposite is true, but everyone has their opinion.

South Panic
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has seen ARU many times when they played "the Little Five Points Pub and The Spot" and was just a no named local act, I have the right to have an opinion about them. I've got a Code Talkers dvd (w/Jimmy), a ARU dvd and a couple HRS audio boots with Rogers playing and I don't like the BLR influence. His music just don't groove like the original ARU or even the second version of ARU. I'm not bashing him (as a person) I just don't like his music.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course you have the right to have an opinion, which is why my response to your post begins and ends with "you have a right to your opinion." I certainly never thought you were taking a personal swipe at BLR.

I was hoping you could back up that opinion with some actual reasons of why you do not like BLR. I'm not saying you cannot have an opinion. I'd just wanted to see you explain your reasoning. (which I think your second post did)

I'm not looking to change your mind either Smile Everyone has their right to like or not like something!!

I'm just hoping we can get some substantial dialogue about music here on the board. That's all.

South Panic

Last edited by jaystraw on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
gillvanderlip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: music is for fun Reply with quote

i understand the point in not likeing a style of music or missing certain personel in some bands or that music doesn't feel right to me. i use to be that way with country players. not any more those guys can play their asses off. i saw HRS here in charlotte wed. night and they played their asses off. i may have not connected with everything but they made the style of music they wanted to represent themselves as musicians. all i can say to all the players out there or listeners you get up there and do it. ......... see if you can connect with an audience. its real hard to do. your ideas about players and music will change when you put your ass on the line. and then with all that you want to have fun. i always do take care gill
ps. can i get the dvd copy of ARU that was posted in july. i can't do dvds on my computer so if any one can help that would be cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: