Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy with Otiel Jan 11, 2007, posted on etree
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy with Otiel Jan 11, 2007, posted on etree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Jimmy with Otiel Jan 11, 2007, posted on etree Reply with quote

I didn't know he was playing with Otiel this year.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503334
Zambi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy just did 3 shows. Memphis, Mobile (I think) and Birmingham. I also heard that Paul Henson had to miss these shows to rest his voice, which is too bad.
Zambi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zambi wrote:
Jimmy just did 3 shows. Memphis, Mobile (I think) and Birmingham. I also heard that Paul Henson had to miss these shows to rest his voice, which is too bad.

Maybe it was 4....Oteil's web-site is showing a gig in Huntsville between the Mobile and B'ham shows. Jimmy was definitely at Memphis and B'ham, so it would seem strange that he'd skip one of them in the middle. Also too bad there wasn't more press, like any mention of it on Oteil's or Jimmy's web-sites.
smv929

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oteil and TPM show for Jan 14,2007 is also on bt.etree.org and features Jimmy, although he's not mentioned in the original posting (which is frustrating). I downloaded and confirmed it. And it's easy to confirm that it's Jimmy when you hear him!
RichM

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the 1-11-07 show a couple of days ago. I recommend it highly. Jimmy is wailing on some of these tunes! Does anyone who has this show know the title of track 7? It's an instrumental. At first I thought it was just an improv jam, but now I'm not sure.

Rich
----------
http://www.Guitar-Channel.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: