Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - 1993 (Matt Mundy's last show) ARU DVD at Traders Den
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

1993 (Matt Mundy's last show) ARU DVD at Traders Den

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: 1993 (Matt Mundy's last show) ARU DVD at Traders Den Reply with quote

Since no one seems to have posted this. It's a 3 disc show with good picture and sound.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30992&page=2&pp=15&highlight=herring
jaystraw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!

Thank you!

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, but this wasn't Mundy's last show with ARU. I know for a fact that he played with them at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta in late October of that year. He may've gone home to atlanta after this Chicago show, but he did play with them when the band got back for a homecoming show at the Variety later that month.

Also, the tune listed as "Plain or Peanut" on Disc 2 is actually "Micro" by Django Reinhardt. It was always listed as "Django Jam" on the ARU setlists, but it is "Micro." Compare the two songs from D1 and D2 listed as "Plain or Peanut" and you will note they are different songs. The one from D1 is the same "Plain or Peanut" as on In A Perfect World.

You can listen to a clip of Django's version of "Micro" on track 20 of disc 2 at this link:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=788065901929&itm=3
gsbe

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: what a great video Reply with quote

amazing dvds. I just got my 3 discs and am amazed - not the best spot to shoot this video from but the titles, menus and the fun that the musicians are having definitely makes up for it. many thanks to our friend brian epstein for making this possible....and hopefully many more!

when I attended an ARU rehearsal a few years ago before their little run of Ashville, GA Theater and FL, the band was talking about the song "micro". I looked for the tune when I got home and this is indeed what they are playing on this video. Very cool tune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: