Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - "Raging Torrent" solo lick tablature
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

"Raging Torrent" solo lick tablature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsbe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: "Raging Torrent" solo lick tablature Reply with quote

Lick #5 is apparently from the Project Z album:
http://richmurray.typepad.com/guitarlicks.html

Jimmy Herring Lick

Quote:
This great line comes from Jimmy Herring's solo on "Raging Torrent" from the Project Z album. On this tune, Jimmy solos in a general Dm tonality with alot of outside lines. This particular line starts out with a bent G note at the 15th fret. I had a hard time notating that part; basically it's a pre-bent note that you bring down for the second note of the line. He then goes into a little chromatic idea, before descending through the Gm blues scale. After going back up using a small diminished scale fragment, he descends through the Dm blues scale. I left out the picking instructions on purpose, since I have no idea how he does it. When I play it, I pick most of the notes, with some pull-offs and slides mixed in. I probably do it a little different each time I play it. I'm sure the fingering is different from what Jimmy does, but I'm confident the notes themselves are accurate. This line occurs about 1:29 into the tune.

Click here to listen to Lick #5 slow
Click here to listen to Lick #5 at full speed
lapetina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I know which torrent to download? I want to download movie torrents but some of them don't transfer to dvd with sound. Is there a certain kind of torrent file I should be looking for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: