Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy at the Cox Capitol Theater in Macon Georgia 4/28/09
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy at the Cox Capitol Theater in Macon Georgia 4/28/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KevinBe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Jimmy at the Cox Capitol Theater in Macon Georgia 4/28/09 Reply with quote

What a blast! The Cox Capitol Theater is a beautiful little place in downtown Macon, and even though I only live about 30 minutes away (in Robins) I've never been there before. When I found out about the show I got together with a couple friends and got the second table back from Jimmy, they were excellent seats! I also have to mention that the $6 chicken tenders I got was huge and far better than expected.

I couldn't even begin to give a setlist but I would say I heard most (if not all) of the album. I was also thrilled to hear their take on one of my favorite Zappa songs "Zoot Allures"! Jeff is absolutely amazing! He could have sat in with Zappa anytime, and Jimmy broke out his flashy white strat for it as well...

This is the first time since the days of ARU in the early 90s that I have seen these 3 guys onstage together and it was magnificent! The band was smiling and really seemed to be enjoying theirselves, and it showed in the playing. The playing was spectacular, it easily ranked up there with "Return To Forever" and "Zappa Plays Zappa" as one of the most musically gratifying concerts I've ever seen. If they are playing near you, don't miss it!

The only disappointing part of the night was not being able to get an autograph. I have this great photo of Jimmy and Derek Trucks playing together at Macon's 5th of July music fest in 1999; Derek signed it years ago and I've been waiting quite a few years for the opportunity to get Jimmy to sign it. Seems they were in a hurry to rush everyone from this venue to another one down the street where Luther Dickinson of North Mississippi All-stars was playing with a few other big names, it was rumored that Jimmy would get onstage and he probably did. Unfortunately duty calls and since I have to work tomorrow I couldn't pull a late nighter. Things have changed a little since the days of ARU at The Cotton Club and chatting with Jimmy while he packed his own equipment up at the end of a 3 hour Col. Bruce show...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: