Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy will be responding to some of your ?'s soon!
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy will be responding to some of your ?'s soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
closeconnection

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Jimmy will be responding to some of your ?'s soon! Reply with quote

In reading and discussing some of your questions and responses Jimmy decided that he would like to answer some of them!

I will try to get him to answer 2-3 a couple of times a month. I don't want you to think that he would not like to answer them all but time is the key.

Please understand that when he is traveling this will come to an end. Most of you know that he is not a computer guy and doesn't have a laptop on the road.

Thanks again for your support and I'll try to keep the info coming!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..this is so darn cool. I've been busy for a bit, and missed that you had stopped by!!

Nice to see you, and thanks so much for giving these fans some of Jimmy's, and your, time!!

South Panic
Cosmic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will ask the burning question, and hope that you don't take offense to it Jimmy...We are all dying to know...Are there any plans for the 40th Anniv. Dead Tour ANY time this year and if so, are you going to be included in the lineup? I know you have more things musically going on but Man, we are dyin out here and starving for info.....I will understand if you have info and don't wanna let any cats out of any bags but dammit man, somebody had to ask and well, I guess I will be the one...Thanks for many many nights of killer sounds and good times Man..I look forward to the next time I get to see you play whenever, wherever and with whoever it might be..... Question Best wishes with whatever you do Jimmy.

Thanks,

Nate
Cool
Jimmy is Amazing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jimmy!!!

Any Plans for Phil & Friends Summer or Fall tours this year?
Jimmy H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened to Jimmy........at the computer!!! Reply with quote

Jimmy just sat down for about an hour to answer a few of the many questions that were posted in the gear setup section and in the process of clicking preview there was a MISHAP!!!!! All was lost.....don't know why or where! Crying or Very sad

I know for sure that you would rather read his words and insights than mine! I promise to keep working to get them to you!

BUT.......not all is lost! Laughing We will try again.....maybe just not tonight!!!!!!

He really is a registered member!!!!!!

Jay, thanks for all your help......
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn technology!

That's OK. There's always more time!!

Thanks anyway for the effort. I'm sorry you lost it!!

South Panic
Cosmic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...I will be (im)patiently waiting.... Laughing Have a good night!
LessThan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: What's Up Jim! Reply with quote

forget the dead and PLF....when are we going to see some more project Z or similar projects? hook a brother up!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the posts by Jimmy H for Jimmy's resonses.

this question he left alone Wink

South Panic
jaystraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Excellent Question for Jim! Reply with quote

soundseed

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:13 pm Post subject: Improv over jazz progresions~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jimmy, I was hoping you could help shed some light on the topic of improvising over jazz progressions. I find that when i'm playing in a modal or static fashon I do fine, but when a jazz progression is thrown in I tend to lose it. The fact that the tonal center is always changing really gets me. It would be great if you had a more simplified way of looking at playing with the changes. Alot of your concepts that involve using the pentatonic have really helped. It seems that you take these complex topics of improv or playing in general and expose how easy it is to make sense of it all. conventional explanations don't always work for me. it usually takes a unique perspective. Also any tips on working on picking speed or how to slow down fast licks in your brain would be great.

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: