Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Greetings from Indy!
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Greetings from Indy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oreo speedwagon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Greetings from Indy! Reply with quote

I stumbled across this site while doing some research on an effect pedal that I'm thinking about getting. I've been using modded TS9s for quite a while and while looking around Analogman's site, noticed that Herring used one.

So, I thought I'd dig around to see if that's true. And that led me here.

Very Happy

So, here I be. I'm OREO Speedwagon, aka Pete from Indy. I play in a band called The Elect and we're out there in the midwest doing our thang *and* our day jobs.

I'm really looking forward to kicking it w/ some other fans of Herrings, and perhaps the man himself? I think he's a fantastic player and am really interested in learning more about how he approaches the guitar.

Specifically, I'm really wanting to dig into his sense of melody and how he approaches certain harmonic ideas. Also, his tone really gets me, so I'd like to dig about some in that area.

Looking forward to kicking it w/ all of you! If you're bored and want to check out my band, check out the linky below. People ask for a description, and the best I can conjur is "bluesy folkadelic".

See if you can do better. The less sarcasm and profanity, the better.

Wink

Linky goodness to my band, The Elect!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, hilarious nickname!!

Keep an eye out for "Jimmy H"'s posts. That's the man himself!!

Welcome to the board!

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: