Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - codetalkers April shows
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

codetalkers April shows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smv929

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: codetalkers April shows Reply with quote

Is Jimmy just filling in for the guitar player or will they both play? I guess it's a temporary thing. If anyone knows any details, let us know. Hope someone tapes the shows. Thx
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, Jimmy is taking over for the short time on tour. I'll be at the Paradise next week and I'll track down the tapers.

Smile

South Panic
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing them tonight. It'll be my first Jimmy show in a small venue. I'm pretty psyched.
closeconnection

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
Nice to see some talk about the Codetalkers with Bruce! Jimmy is having a great time with them on the road. He isn't taking anyones place just hanging with them a few weeks to have some fun and get back to his roots! In a van, no tech and shleping his own gear.......it's a great thing!
He has enjoyed talking to folks face to face after the shows for a short while. I know it makes people happy and those that haven't met him can't believe how wonderful he is!!!!

Jimmy is very impressed with Bobby Lee Rogers who does most of the writing for the Codetalkers. Bobby is a great musician! Our family started listening to the Codetalkers Deluxe Edition before Jimmy left and everybody is humming a tune. Our teenager will hardly listen to anything else!

Let's spread the word and get some more folks to those shows! Thanks for the support......you are all fantastic! I'll get Jimmy back online when he gets back to answer a few more questions!

peace......
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to catch Jimmy with Col Bruce and the Codetalkers last Thursday in Richmond, VA and Friday night in Charlottesville, VA. Jimmy was mingling before the show at the bar...I didn't approach him, but knew I would have to afterwards.
It looked like everyone was having a great time...lots of smiles from Jimmy especially. The Codetalkers are a solid band and enjoyable to watch. The first night they did a few songs that ARU did like Time Is Free, among others...I can remember them better perhaps later. The crowd loved it...the guys came out did an encore, and the crowd demanded more. Jimmy had already put up his strat, but the band gladly obliged to come back and do one more tune. I had the pleasure of being right in front of Jimmy the whole night. The first song gave me chills just hearing the notes come straight from his amp...what tone!!! And the guy has soul...that's for sure.

After the show, Jimmy took the time to greet fans. He credited the Codetalkers for being an excellent band, and said how much he enjoyed the show. He signed a ticket for my friend and I...He came off very sincere and seemed truly happy to be back in the small venues mingling with the crowd. I'm as impressed with him as any other musician I've ever met.

I decided the next day I had to see the guys again. We traveled to Charlottesville. I decided to stay back a bit and get the full sound. The band was top notch and Col Bruce was much more entertaining Sat night...giving the show a totally different feel. I am now a huge Col Bruce fan now. The second show featured more blues covers like Spoonful, Got My Mojo Working, among others and some tunes ARU used to do.

Go and catch these guys if you can. I hope to catch them at Smilefest down in NC in a couple weeks.
closeconnection

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the enthusiatic response about the show! I am psyched you got to visit with Jimmy. I told him about your post and going to the show. He mentioned that he had spoken with several people after the show and hoped he had been able to talk to you! It's a great thing!

I am sending this great message on to the guys! They are definitely having a great time!

We appreciate your support and pass on the word!!!

best.......
jaystraw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carolyn!

I'll hopefully see them on Thursday barring unforseen circumstances!!

Very Happy

South Panic
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

closeconnection wrote:
Thanks for the enthusiatic response about the show! I am psyched you got to visit with Jimmy. I told him about your post and going to the show. He mentioned that he had spoken with several people after the show and hoped he had been able to talk to you! It's a great thing!

I am sending this great message on to the guys! They are definitely having a great time!

We appreciate your support and pass on the word!!!

best.......

That is greatly appreciated. They're definitely a "can't miss." To me the Codetalkers are great, but Jimmy is the catalyst, just gives the music an extra spark that takes the music to a whole new level. The bassist truly gives it his all.
I forgot to mention the tricks they did in Charlottesville...Col. put the uprigth bass on the ground and the bassist (I need to get his name) began playing it lying down...Bobby and Col. did some sorta "skit" with a shoe. It was quite entertaining, though I wasn't entirely sure what was going on.

I told Jimmy that watching him play that night was truly one of the most euphoric and inspiring moments of my life. I had been waiting several years to catch him in a small club, I can't explain the excitement I had going into the venue that night. It's truly great to watch a musician of his magnitude perform and then talk to him afterwards, and it's even better when he comes across as being genuine, which is a bit of a rarity in everyday life. I came away being as impressed with Herring as anyone I've ever seen.
closeconnection

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRayStrat....I think the whole band would agree that Jimmy brings a "unique voice" to the Codetalkers music. Bobby is thrilled to have Jimmy there to add to his work! They have a great chemistry! It sounds as if that shines through!.......Hampton....well....you never know with him! He is always creating some "play" wherever he goes! There IS NO one like the Colonel.

Thanks again for the kind words......

Jay....You shouldn't have a problem talking to him. I have been reminding him that you are going to be there! He will also have some other close friends there so bear with them. They will be trying to catch up with him since they haven't even been able to see him in a small venue and talk in the last years!

I will remind Jimmy again when we speak!

Good luck and hope you enjoy the show! Peace
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem Carolyn. Email on the way! Thanks, as always, for dropping by!

South Panic
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if people want to see the revie of the 4/21/05 Codetalkers show, jsut look for the thread titiled the same.

They really do smoke. Bobby Lee is as nice as Jimmy, and SUPER talented. The Col. is as entertaining and as musiclly diverse as ever. Jimmy blows this band into a true muscial vehicle to be reckonded with with his ever recognizable, insane guitar work.

It's a hoppin' good time!!!

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: