Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Steve Morse on Jimmy........
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Steve Morse on Jimmy........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Steve Morse on Jimmy........ Reply with quote

I was reading an old interview with John Petrucci and Steve Morse in the June 2000 Guitar World....and found this nice quote:

GW: Present company excluded, who was the last guitarist you heard who really impressed you?

Morse: Jimmy Herring is a guitarist who doesn't have any holes in his playing. He's very fluid and melodic. He's the kind of guy you could stop on the street any day of the week,put a guitar in his hand, say "Play a solo," and he'd come up with something great in one take.
triadboy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Jimmy and Steve Reply with quote

As I stated earlier - Jimmy was copping Steve Morse licks when I met him. Note-for-note! Entire albums!

When we went to a Dregs concert in Greenville NC. Jimmy went backstage and played with Steve before the show.

When I saw Jimmy with the Dead in Phoenix - I asked him the question that had been with me ever since - "How did you get backstage with Steve Morse?" Jimmy said he'd been going to Dregs concerts forever and the road crew knew him as "Carolina". "Oh here comes Carolina again".

So when we went to see the Dregs - Jimmy already had a history with him.

I guess when you can play like Jimmy - doors open.
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just great how Morse can give Herring such high praise back.
Any Dixie Dreg recommendations by the way??? I'd been looking to get some of their stuff for sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: