Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Greetings from sunny Florida!
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Greetings from sunny Florida!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixielf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Greetings from sunny Florida! Reply with quote

Hi!
First off, I'd like to thank whoever started this website. It doesn't appear Jimmy has a site of his own so it's nice to have this one to post, read and even get a visit now and then from the infamous Jimmy Herring!!!

I'm a widow in central Florida with 2 daughters (1 still at home), 2 cats and 2 dogs. All I need now is 2 men! ha! just kidding!

After my husband died, I delved deeply into music to ease the pain, mainly the blues. Have always been extremely passionate about music anyway. Discovered so many wonderful artists that get very little recognition. Went to my first concert alone in Aug. 2002 to see The Derek Trucks Band and the Allman Brothers Band. Well, that night changed my life forever. Not only did I discover that being alone isn't such a bad thing, but I became completely obsessed with Derek Trucks. Good Lord, I was completely blown away by both of his performances that night. He has breathed new life into the ABB. Since then, I'm 500 live shows richer (trading music has become a full-time hobby). In so doing, I learned about the great Jimmy Herring from the summer of 2000 with the ABB, ARU (would LOVE to see that band!), Project Z and Jazz is Dead. The shows he played with Derek are some of my absolute favorite ABB shows. Just love that combo!! I was so excited to see Jimmy playing with the Codetalkers in April. It was an awesome night and I have played that show tons of times and never tire of it. What an amazing talent!!! I love Jimmy Herring. Thank you, Jimmy, for sharing your talent with us. It brings joy to my life and a song in my heart!

Guess I got off on a tangent there. But now you know a little about me.

Peg
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the nicest posts we have around here. Thank you so much for sharing it!

If you want to be really blown away, head to Colorado for these 2 shows next week. Jimmy in that mix is completely and totally "off the hook".

Have a wonderful day!

South Panic
pixielf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Colorado Reply with quote

jaystraw wrote:
That's one of the nicest posts we have around here. Thank you so much for sharing it!

If you want to be really blown away, head to Colorado for these 2 shows next week. Jimmy in that mix is completely and totally "off the hook".

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks, Jay!

Are you going to those shows? Give us a review when you get back!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reviews, pictures all coming the way of this board when I return.

and I betcha I'll have some good stories!

Have fun all, and BEHAVE while I'm gone!! Wink

LOL! This has to be the best behaved board I've ever been to. There has not been one disagreement here, and nothing has been edited in the time I've been here.

Nice people.

South Panic
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Pixie!!! By the way, a few months ago you sent me 2 Jimmy Herring ABB shows, 9-23-00 and 8-27-00(I think that's right). They're great shows and I listen to them all the time.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I want those!!!!

Wink

anyone wanna trade??

South Panic
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can send ya a copy of those discs sometime next week...I'll be out of town for this weekend's Dragonfly's gig down in NC. Those discs have been circulated quite a bit over at the Allmans site, and with good reason..Jimmy is spectacular.
jwblanton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: too late? Reply with quote

Could we make those Allman shows a vine? If so I'd like to be next on the list if at all possible! I still have those Phish/Jimmy SHNs from 2-19-93 and a ARU 12-31-94 I can send out!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game. When everyone is home and rested after these shows, lets get a list together, and I'll start a Vine post for it.

Sound good everybody?

South Panic
pixielf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Vines, B&P's, Trades Reply with quote

Jay, that sounds great. I have much to share with this community in the way of Jimmy Herring.

But where to post them? I don't see a thread for this type of post.
gsbe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to start a running list of all available recordings of Jimmy by date...sitting in with other bands, ARU, ProjectZ, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: