Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy Herring & The CodeTalkers - Tampa 8/19/05
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy Herring & The CodeTalkers - Tampa 8/19/05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadwarriorfortheblues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Herring & The CodeTalkers - Tampa 8/19/05 Reply with quote

It was an amazing night of music at Skippers (8/19/05) with Jimmy Herring and the CodeTalkers. This band is absolutely on fire ! It was my first time seeing the band play with their regular equipment. I saw the show at Skippers last April, but there was a bad storm, and power outage, and they couldn't do their regular show that night.

Last night's show was spectacular. It also included some very special music in tribute to fiddlist Vassar Clements, who passed away this week.

Jimmy Herring is amazing ! Brilliant solos flowed from his hands as if he had an endless supply of inspiration. His speed and finesse was mind-numbing. Last night Col. Bruce Hampton played electric (slide) guitar and shared the lead vocals with Bobby Lee Rodgers. Rodgers was playing a Deering Banjo (?) -- looks & sounds like the combo of banjo and electric guitar! It has a wonderful sound ! Chief Whitehorse on bass and the band's drummer (???, sorry!), kept everyone in a supernatural groove all night.

It was one of the best concerts I've seen at Skippers in more than 10 years. There were about 10 tapers at the show, so hopefully I'll be able to "relive" the experience again soon.
pixielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at this incredible show, too. Front and center for most of the sweltering evening. I agree, The Codetalkers gave a superb performance and Jimmy is the sweetest icing on the cake ever!! And so humble! Shaking his head "no" to loud applauses for his spectacular solos. What a fine guitarist. He makes it look so easy, that's when you know you're watching a pro! I love Jimmy Herring! Gonna do it again tomorrow night in Jacksonville. Can't wait!!

By the way, the drummer's name is Tyler Greenwell. He is incredible!! Chief WhiteHorse is Ted Pecchio on bass - not only is he great as well, he adds a lot of entertainment with his codetalker antics.

With or without Jimmy, The Codetalkers are ALL fine musicians and this band is completely on top of their game!
pixielf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday night @ Freebird's was just as incredible!! Jimmy adds such a wonderful touch to this amazing band. I hope they come to Florida again real soon! Thanks, Jimmy, you are awesome!!!! Very Happy
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best thing about this band is that it never sounds like they have an "off" night!

South Panic
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a real decent recording of that show. Well, actually I've only listened to most of the first disc out of the three disc set it consists of so I feel the need for a disclaimer.
If there's a demand, I'll vine it in the near future. No access to a burner for about a week right now.
Pretty damn unusual that a Codetalkers show needed to be three discs long. Not that that's a bad thing...
jaystraw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's interest!!

South Panic
Eric

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I hope to have a burner up and running in the next week. I will offer it then.
There are stories of a DVD of that show over on The Codetalkers message board.
soundseed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if there is someone who has the DVD or a link to download it from please let me know. I would gladly do a trade!!!

Also thanks so much for the shows jaystraw!!!! They’re wonderful. They have made the journey back and forth from Michigan to Georgia for school extremely pleasant!!!!!!!!!!
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code Talkers DVD

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11792
soundseed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little new to bit torrents, but it seems like I can't download it any more from what the sight was saying?????? or maybe I just don't know what the hell i'm doing??? any advice would be great!!!!!
Eric

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the big 'IF' in the upcoming statement.
I might be getting a copy of the DVD. IF I do get one, I'll see what I can do to arrange it getting spread somehow here.
Keep in mind that I can not copy DVDs myself but I think I can do something about that. I'll look into it.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need the bittorrent client to download bittorrent files.

go to google and type bittorrent. It will lead you from there.

South Panic
Eric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No go on the DVD by request of the band.
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have access to a burner again. If you send me your snail mail address Jaystraw (I have to remember to write it down), I'll mail you a copy next weekend and let you run the vine or tree.
Now, to find those discs...
jaystraw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done and done! Thanks Eric!

Anyone interested in the vine for this show please contact me via PM here or at jaystraw@gmail.com I'll set something more formal up ASAP.

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: