Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Regular Jimmy Chords?
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Regular Jimmy Chords?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Cornor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Blob Blann

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Regular Jimmy Chords? Reply with quote

Hi all,

My first time posting on this awesome forum, really looking forward to seeing some of the Lifeboat transcriptions soon! I was just wondering if anybody knows some of the chords that pop up a lot in Jimmy's playing, in particular i'd actually love to know the three chords that lead into the chorus in 'One Strut'. Any of the jazzy dissonant sounding chords from the ARU would be great as well. I really want to learn some of those songs (particularly the chords he uses with the volume swells on songs like 'Planet Earth') but my ear and my knowledge of chords isn't good enough to just pick them out from recordings Confused Cheers!
gillvanderlip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: chord scales Reply with quote

i don't know the chords on the songs mentoned but the use of chord scales seems to be the way he is going. its has completely changed my way of thinking. jimmy is in a guitar player back this summer showing chord scales in the key of F if i remember correctly. the song Trancients is from chord scales in the key of G.
you can take the C major scale start with C add F then B then E then A all in the third posistion then move to D then G then C then F then B in 5th posistion and go up the neck............this is how i look at chord scales and i believe he does too. check out March 9 youtube lesson on the Jimmy Herring search. the diminish approach. makes great sence and i now use it im my composistions and playing
gsbe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar World: Jimmy Herring - Mar 09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNdCZSTqdo
honeybaked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: One strut chords Reply with quote

The three chords are as follows:

Bm>G6/9>F#7#9

so on the fretboard using chord tab

[7 9 7 7 7 7] Bm
[x 10 9 9 8 x] G6/9
[x 9 8 9 10 x] F#7#9

Voila and lemme know if you need more help with one strut. we cover that one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Cornor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: