Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - SO...Why is Jimmy out of Phil and Friends?
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

SO...Why is Jimmy out of Phil and Friends?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cosmic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: SO...Why is Jimmy out of Phil and Friends? Reply with quote

I'm sure i'm not the only one that would like to know what Jimmy will be doing instead....
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no clue...hopefully we willl hear soon.

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sipe/Herring/Garrison/Rodgers tour in support of the
latest Project Z release? I know that tour was previously delayed a
couple of times due to scheduling conflicts.
wajsims

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Herring leaves Phil and Friends Reply with quote

The only thing I can see is I recall Jeff Sipe listed as the drummer for the Phil and Friends Winter tour as recently as a week ago and now he is off the roster along with Jimmy.
Does anyone else notice this as well?
Maybe there was a disagreement regarding Jimmy's buddy Jeff Sipe.
I just hope that he focuses on Project Z, the Codetalkers, and ARU and tours extensively.
Right now I suspect that there are some fish getting yanked out of Jimmy's lake.
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zambi wrote:
The Sipe/Herring/Garrison/Rodgers tour in support of the
latest Project Z release? I know that tour was previously delayed a
couple of times due to scheduling conflicts.

Let's hope so!!! Can't wait to hear those shows!!!! Shocked
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record, I know zero about this. I only found out this morning from the internet.

I'm sure whatever is next is going to be sweet.

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only thing I can see is I recall Jeff Sipe listed as the drummer for the Phil and Friends Winter tour as recently as a week ago and now he is off the roster along with Jimmy.
Does anyone else notice this as well?

I think Sipe was only scheduled to play the P&F dates in the summer and end of October due to Molo having a scheduling conflict. I believe Molo was always on the bill for this winter run.

Sipe told me in August that the Sipe/Herring/Garrison/Rodgers run had been postponed from September (as originally planned) to January due to scheduling conflicts. You don't quit just two weeks before a tour is about to begin, especially when that "tour" only runs 17 dates over a mere three weeks, unless a huge opportunity came up. If the Sipe/Herring/Garrison/Rodgers gig turns out to be the "new musical opportunities" then it's to cover-up something else. I figure there's either a bigger announcement coming soon re: Jimmy, or Jimmy and Phil had a disagreement and agreed to part ways. Just my $0.02.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now, everyting sounds reasonable. When a statement comes out that reads like that, nobody takes it seriously. It looks like a cover up, even if it is not.

I'm sure we will probably never know the full story, but either way, Jimmy is off in a new direction that a lot of folks have been asking for.

GO JIMMY!

South Panic
wajsims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Next show Reply with quote

So who can make it to Boulder this January for the real action?
I have watched Jimmy with ARU more than 20 times 10 years ago and missed the small reunion run late last year. I have seen him recently with the Codetalkers in Asheville and Auburn and with the Dragonflys in Asheville. The ARU shows will be off the hook this January.
It looks like the Boulder University Inn is the closest hotel to the venue on 1632 Broadway? Close enough for set break...
I have my tickets for both nights...by the way does anyone want to buy a pair of tickets, for face value, to Phil and Friends on 12/12/2005 in Atlanta as I am not interested in going now and could use the money for my flight to Denver.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see you in Boulder!

If nobody here wants the tix, you could post over at www.tooboard.net

Someone there will probably take them.

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be surprised if that Ratdog appearance earlier this week is more than a one-off thing.
wajsims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Jimmy and Bob on Etree Reply with quote

The 11/15/2005 Ratdog show with Jimmy is on etree http://bt.etree.org/ now for download.
At the moment it is the third show from the top.
I am ready to hear Jimmy and Bob jam!
Pete Lacis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Phil Speaks on why he parted ways with Jimmy Herring Reply with quote

This was taken from http://www.therhombus.com

Subwoofer: "I will say this.... it's all very odd. Herring leaves under "interesting" circumstances.... so does Sipe.... Molo bows out for a bit but triumphantly returns....Ryan Adams is the most talked about "poor decision" that he's made, and yet he backs this RA like he's the second coming.... and he finally finds a gem with Barry Sless(too bad he couldn't keep David Nelson around a bit more!). But it's all very mysterious to me....and I'd think that Phil's fans would be questioning his motives."

Phil: Jimmy Herring and I had been growing apart musically since the December 04 shows. It seems we worked better together in the context of the Q. We discussed this after the December shows, after Mardi Gras, after the Colorado shows and we both still felt that it wasn't right after Vegas. Clearly, it would be a mistake to head off on a month long tour together, so rather than forcing the relationship we agreed to go our separate ways sooner than planned. At that point I decided to ask John Molo to do NYE instead of Jeff Sipe as he had more experience with the material- although Jeff will be joining me again in February.

So there you have it from Phil himself. Hopefully Jimmy's made enough scratch and raised his profile enough to afford the opportunity to play the music he wants to play, rather than the music he has to play.
[/i]
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep..that's the post from www.philzone.com from this AM.

direct from Phils mouth the Deadheads ears.

I'd like to know which shows Sipe will be at!!

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: