Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Group Transcriptions - let's work togther
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Group Transcriptions - let's work togther

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Cornor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Group Transcriptions - let's work togther Reply with quote

Let's post some clips of Jimmy's out side licks and see if we can collectively figure out what he is doing?

Anyone? Rolling Eyes
v_larocca@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: transcriptions Reply with quote

I have some transcriptions. Two of jimmy's songs. I attended G.I.T. and one of the instructors , who is really good, tabbed out parts of two solos "Augusta's Ankle"(project Z) and a song Jimmy did with The Derek Trucks Band on "Out of the Madness" CD.
gillvanderlip

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: share the transciptions Reply with quote

can you post the transcriptions of these two solos on this web site. would like to see them and iknow they would help me in my quest to play better and improvise
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which song off Out of the Madness is tabbed out???

...just saw that Todd Smallie played on your CD...that's awesome!
Swain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty good at figuring out leads. If someone posts a clip, I can probably help.
gsbe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: transcriptions Reply with quote

v_larocca@msn.com wrote:
I have some transcriptions. Two of jimmy's songs. I attended G.I.T. and one of the instructors , who is really good, tabbed out parts of two solos "Augusta's Ankle"(project Z) and a song Jimmy did with The Derek Trucks Band on "Out of the Madness" CD.

Please...scan these in and post. I'd like to see these transcriptions. You say they are not created by Jimmy - who wrote them out?

I also have transcribed a few things and have collected any Jimmy-related material over the past decade and a half. I'll look around and see what I can contribute.
flatpick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: jimmy tabs Reply with quote

headstrong off of in a perfect world. timing not right, but the notes are close, also just shows the riffs. Thanks to yingyang for the help.
[img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=54635632&imageID=1368741967

if this does not work then send me a message and I will email it to you.
[/img]
gsbe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headstrong by Aquaruim Rescue Unit
yingyang

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I kinda disappeared for a bit. I have been working on the melodies for "Only When It's Light". If I can figure out a way to clean up my messy notes, I will scan and present. I really want to make sure the fingerings are realistic as well. If anyone is aware of tab software for mac, let me know!!!!!

I have not stopped listening to Lifeboat since I got it. This guy is truly amazing. Between him and Scott Henderson, my head is always spinning.
olegvoronin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, any update on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Cornor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: